Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

After everyone taking a different award, it’s only logical for Kirby to take the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Carey couldn’t even get in with her own people. She’s done.

Weve already established that the small jury of 10 people who chose the nominations in certain categories have no real effect on the race because it’s such a small margin of people who choose. That’s why Carey didnt fet in. I do think that Carey is probably number 2 right now behind Andra Day since she won the globe and the globes have the best track record of winners also winning Oscars.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

As much as I love Frances, it’s a bit premature to say she is ahead of either Viola or Carey. With the latter two snubbed, Frances hasn’t really defeated them anywhere yet.

This is still Viola vs Carey. Viola has SAG, which is still huge. But Hopkins being able to defeat Chadwick in Lead Actor, and The Father then losing British Film to Promising Young Woman, makes it likely that were Carey and Davis both nominated here, Carey would have won.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby at the Oscar now Frances has won the BAFTA, Viola has won SAG, Carey has won the Critics Choice and Andra has won the Globe:

Jk it won’t happen. But it would be funny if it did…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I doubt Frances is in the top 3 for voting. It really felt like brits just went for her because Carey didnt get nominated.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, mulligan would’ve won BAFTA the same way she won AACTA. Those two awards tend to go for the same person in competitive races.

Olivia Colman, Meryl Streep, Mark Rylance.

1. Mulligan
    2. McDormand
    3. Day
    4. Viola
    5. Kirby

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Vanessa is the bridesmaid of this year’s Oscar race lol.

This is going to be Day vs Davis on April 25th.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Weve already established that the small jury of 10 people who chose the nominations in certain categories have no real effect on the race because it’s such a small margin of people who choose. That’s why Carey didnt fet in. I do think that Carey is probably number 2 right now behind Andra Day since she won the globe and the globes have the best track record of winners also winning Oscars.

You can blame the juries for alot, but to ignore Carey is hilarious and not good for her.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Frances is my favorite performance of this category. I’m really happy she didn’t end the season empty handed.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Huns, mulligan would’ve won BAFTA the same way she won AACTA. Those two awards tend to go for the same person in competitive races.

Olivia Colman, Meryl Streep, Mark Rylance.

1. Mulligan
    2. McDormand
    3. Day
    4. Viola
    5. Kirby

Lol, I would love to try whatever you are smoking. Once again going back to the AACTA. PYW didnt even over perform in wins today.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The way this thread is going have 10 more children before the Oscars😂😂

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

I doubt Frances is in the top 3 for voting. It really felt like brits just went for her because Carey didnt get nominated.

Same here. Tonight only proves two things: Frances McDormand is ahead of Vanessa Kirby, and the BAFTA voting body is still not willing to support a Black actress, which is shameful.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

What’s even more hilarious is that Frances hasn’t campaigned at all and she still won the BAFTA. Poor Vanessa has been running around like Ted Cruz trying to win and she couldn’t. Poor girl.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Same here. Tonight only proves two things: Frances McDormand is ahead of Vanessa Kirby, and the BAFTA voting body is still not willing to support a Black actress, which is shameful.

Or maybe they just liked Frances better than the 5 other ladies and it’s not about rave at all.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It’s been obvious for awhile that Kirby was done in this race. I think her biggest obstacle was getting the nomination, since there was one or two posters who kept declaring that she would be snubbed.

I still don’t think Frances McDormand has much of a chance, even after winning BAFTA, considering the circumstances of the other contenders.

Mulligan is still in this race, but I still say that Davis vs. Day is in the cards.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.