Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Viola Davis vs Frances McDormand is somewhat comparable to Jessica Lange (Blue Sky) vs Jodie Foster (Nell) in 1994.

The big difference is that that both Lange and Foster were the only nominations for their respective films.

Lange won Golden Globe
    Foster won SAG
    BAFTA went to Sarandon but Lange and Foster were not nominated there so it wasn’t really a factor.

If Foster would have won the Oscar, she would have a third Best Actress Oscar just 3 years after winning her second, just like McDormand would if she wins this year.

Lange only had a Supporting Actress Oscar and this was her first time winning for Best Lead Actress.

Perhaps Oscar voters are thinking about McDormand already having 2 Best Actress Oscars after winning her second only 3 years ago, which might make them want to give Davis her first Best Actress Oscar just like they did for Lange.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

If Viola Davis loses to Frances McDormand, this would be her second time losing to someone vying for their third Oscar win for acting.

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

I’m retracting my earlier statement regarding the current state of the Best Actress race, as I’ve concluded that I’ve been overestimating the clout of the Independent Spirit Awards.

I’m now predicting a McDormand win from here on out.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Every passing award show it seems like Andra Day gets weaker. This is a long season and the Globes was like 1 month and 2 weeks ago. SAG has given momentum to Viola Davis. And the BAFTA to Frances suggests there is a lot of passion for her performance even if her competitors were snubbed a lot of Nomadland passion also translates to Frances. Sure Regina King did not have a lot of momentum as the season went on but at least she won a Critics Choice and Emily Blunt was a non factor. I’m not counting Andra Day out but voting starts in 4 days I’m not sure if she’s made a lasting impression to voters this season.

It’s Davis vs Mulligan for me with Frances as a spoiler.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Am I crazy to rank Frances McDormand above Andra Day? Nomadland is just sweeping too easily. I’ll probably rethink it later.

I am thinking:
    1. Davis
    2. Mulligan
    3. McDormand
    4. Day
    5. Kirby

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

At this point I’m saying to myself, “we all should’ve seen a McDormand victory coming from the outset.”

Based on her track record, McDormand has only won whenever she was nominated in lead. And she has ALWAYS won whenever she was nominated in lead.

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

This is some cult level faith in Mulligan at this point.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Do we think Viola can win without Chadwick? I’m not predicting it and I know it sounds crazy but I actually think it’s possible..?

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Do we think Viola can win without Chadwick? I’m not predicting it and I know it sounds crazy but I actually think it’s possible..?

It probably has a very low, low probability. Chadwick has a 95% of winning and Viola is about 40-45% in my opinion. The most likely outcome is they both win.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Frances almost def aint winning. She has yet to have beaten any of the contenders in a competitive race ( and yes I just said Kirby wasnt a contender).

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Kirby in fifth place and the only one with no awards is unfair…she gave an exceptional performance

Of the nominees, I think she gave the most demanding performance and deserves to win. The winners so far have been pretty safe…

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

People keep ignoring the obvious comparison in this race: 😂

Hello People! 2002

Jack Nicholson: = Frances McDormand
    Daniel Day Lewis: = Viola Davis (Both supporting roles)

Adrien Brody: = Carey Mulligan

Two recent Oscar winners competing against a competitive actor that hasn’t won before in a Top 3 picture contender AND screenplay frontrunner

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Day is still very much in the race. She’s a strong contender. Frances is not stronger than her.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Idk if Frances winning over bunch of no names and no1currs is indicative of anything.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.