Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 516 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Vanessa still got her Volpi Cup (which is more prestigious than some of the awards her competitors have won) and an Oscar nomination for her first leading role. She’s doing great.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Kaluuya and Mulligan’s appearances on SNL both drew the weakest ratings of SNL episodes this season…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Had this season been shorter, this would have been the most exciting BA race since I’ve been alive.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Actually I am putting Andra Day in 3rd. The Frances and Nomadland hype overwhelmed me. What Day really needed for exposure was an in person award show and campaigning. I imagine her Globes speech would ignite a lot of cheers and applause but with a virtual ceremony people could just shut off their laptop after the winner is announced. She presented at BAFTA today but without an in person audience to greet or converse with it is difficult to gauge if it made any impact on swaying votes.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

This is some cult level faith in Mulligan at this point.

You can predict whoever you want without dragging down another nominee.

Profile picture
    Vert93
    Topics:

The most important scenario of the year is to reward a second black actress winner. Many Oscar voters have been taking it very seriously, that’s why Viola wins the sag for that very undeserving performance.

I can watch ma Rainey 100 times and it won’t change my mind that this is viola’s worst nomination.  She should haven’t been nominated in the first place.

1) the films is too stagy

2) the performance is so uncomfortable and painful to watch

3) she did nothing spectacular in the movie

4) I don’t care about screen time if the performance is at least memorable

5) sometimes she loses the control of her character in some of her scenes

if Viola wins a second Oscar , as one of her fans, I will definitely consider it as the worst best actress winner.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

The way Kaluuya and Mulligan’s appearances on SNL both drew the weakest ratings of SNL episodes this season…

They both drew the same ratings as Maya  Rudolph drew when she hosted the week before Daniel Kaluuya– 3.6

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They both drew the same ratings as Maya Rudolph drew when she hosted the week before Daniel Kaluuya– 3.6

Still interesting how SNL has stagnated at 3.6 million viewers for three weeks. I wonder if they have exact 3.6 million dedicated viewers.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Post-BAFTA, both Kirby and Mulligan are done. Kirby needed the BAFTA, and Mulligan needed to have someone who was not McDormand win the BAFTA. The race is now down to Davis vs. McDormand. Right now, I’m predicting McDormand. But that could change if Davis wins the ISA.

This is ridiculous.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

The way Kaluuya and Mulligan’s appearances on SNL both drew the weakest ratings of SNL episodes this season…

None of them have star power wbk.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I honestly think it would be crazy to count out any of the contenders except for Kirby.

I’m going to predict Mulligan but it’s really a hesitant prediction.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Still interesting how SNL has stagnated at 3.6 million viewers for three weeks. I wonder if they have exact 3.6 million dedicated viewers.

I assume they likely have a core audience that comes and goes accordingly, which is likely why you dont see as many blockbuster actors go on the show anymore. Not much to really be gained from it unless you’re an up and comer.

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

That envelope will be the deciding factor because at this point it’s up in the air really. I will root for Carey Mulligan till the end but there’s a chance McDormand or Davis gets more support with the old voters..

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

I don’t know, I’m sticking with Mulligan, but I wanna see who wins Indie Spirit as all 3 have loved movies by the group. I think whoever wins Spirit is the likely frontrunner.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Do we think Viola can win without Chadwick? I’m not predicting it and I know it sounds crazy but I actually think it’s possible..?

Not happening. Even people who didn’t like MRBB at all are voting for Chad.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.