Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I don’t know, I’m sticking with Mulligan, but I wanna see who wins Indie Spirit as all 3 have loved movies by the group. I think whoever wins Spirit is the likely frontrunner.

Who votes for Indie Spirits? Any Oscar voter crossover?

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Who votes for Indie Spirits? Any Oscar voter crossover?

I think theres a small overlap, but the GG has only one vote and people think Andra can win.

I believe it’s more about hype, Viola and Frances’ wins are very recently, so if one of them can prevail again, I think it’s because its their moment.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Who votes for Indie Spirits?

Anyone who wants to join Film Independent can vote for the Spirit Awards, you just have to pay a fee that is actually quite payable.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

That’s it, I’m sticking with Frances or Carey for the Oscar. My prediction is that the power of their films (top 1 and top 2 for Picture) is going to push one of them to the Oscar stage. Adrien Brody style.

Ma Rainey’s winning Actor and Actress without Picture and Screenplay nominations would be just too weird.

Andra Day has a lot to overcome: newcomer, terrible and flop movie, lack of nominations, sole nominee…

I will decide between Frances and Carey over the next couple of days lol

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Meh. Frances is not winning a third acting Oscar this soon. Three of her Oscar competition were not nominated at BAFTA, so I’m not even sure why people think it makes a difference in her situation. It just places her ahead of Kirby, who is dead last.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Here for her to pull a Gay Harden

Kirby1

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

You can’t pull Gay Harden when you’re not in the same situation as her tho.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

That’s it, I’m sticking with Frances or Carey for the Oscar. My prediction is that the power of their films (top 1 and top 2 for Picture) is going to push one of them to the Oscar stage. Adrien Brody style.

Ma Rainey’s winning Actor and Actress without Picture and Screenplay nominations would be just too weird.

Andra Day has a lot to overcome: newcomer, terrible and flop movie, lack of nominations, sole nominee…

I will decide between Frances and Carey over the next couple of days lol

Hun, I’ve been saying this for decades and have been dragged constantly. Competitive acting races lead to the contender in a BP film which means Mulligan or McDormand.

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Just know with all the splits in voting, you never know. Remember Adrien Brody. It was Jack Nicholson and Daniel Day-Lewis. Both I guarantee had passionate supporters, and thus the margin allowed Brody to take it. It’s easier for us to dissect something once we open it up. So once Adrien WON, there were of course those that said “Told ya so!” (I was sadly one of them haha) and those saying “Well actually Nicholson never had a shot. About Schmit was terrible!”

With everyone getting support (including Kirby) the winner is impossible to pick. Thus I am changing my McDormand pick and going all out for Carey Mulligan. THIS IS THE CATEGORY YOU CAN PICK WHO YOU WANT AND IT WONT EFFECT YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING THE BIG POT!!! Because everyone else is going to have someone different, and it will be close.

Carey Mulligan for the win. She has THE Performance (similar to Hopkins) where I hear NOTHING but excellent praise. No one has said “meh” like they did with Davis, Day and yes, even McDormand (I found Frances lovely in the movie, but wanted a little more juice. Or resolution I guess to her character). Carey has nothing but LOVE, her film got a BEST PICTURE nomination AND A BEST DIRECTOR nomination for the talented Emerald Fennell. This is the first year two (2) women are honored in the director category.

Then I also think, The Father and Promising Young Woman will prevail in their respective writing categories, and Viola Davis and Chadwick take the Oscars. I would even replace Davis with Andra Day. But again this proves it’s anyone’s race.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Yeah that Nicholson/Day-Lewis race was so interesting.

At the time, I went for Day-Lewis primarily because he only had one Oscar to Nicholson’s three and he was in a BP nominee. I was actually surprised how many people were predicting Nicholson back then even though I actually preferred him at that time.

I do remember the talk of a Brody upset but it still seemed like such a distant possibility. I know the idea of him being the only non-winner of the line up got a bit of discussion by pundits.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Day – Globe

Davis – SAG

Mulligan – CC

McDormand – BAFTA

Kirby – Oscar

Simple logic. (Imagine lol)

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

This is some cult level faith in Mulligan at this point.

Right it’s so cringey lol going to laugh come Oscar night when she loses. It’s gonna be fun messing with Stans Oscar night 😁

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Mulligan does NOT have the performance in my opinion. THE performance in this category belongs to Day if you ask me, despite having a mediocre film.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Some of you are going to be hurt because some personal favorites won’t win.

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

Day – Globe

Davis – SAG

Mulligan – CC

McDormand – BAFTA

Kirby – Oscar

Simple logic. (Imagine lol)

Tilda Swinton will say McDormand is gonna win the Oscar.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.