Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Quoting Luca from the previous thread THANK YOU. I find this international voters blocking to be ridiculous. I mean, how can you potentially club voters from England, voters from South Korea, and voters from India (there are at least 100 Indian academy voters, at the very least!) in the same group? Indian voters can vote for Davis or Day just as easily as they can vote for Carey. I mean sure, voters in UK will probably vote for Carey (some might vote for Kirby too), but then again there are also black voters in UK, there are Asian voters in UK, nationality and ethnicity is not the same. Clubbing international voters as one monolith is completely ridiculous.

It’s honestly absolutely ridiculous.

Of course you have things like <i>The Father, Another Round</i> and <i>Pieces of a Woman</i> that appeal to European sensibilities and Promising Young Woman is in a similar position to Succession was at the Emmys with Brits in the sense that it has a British pedigree and is disproportionately popular with Brits. But there’s no guarantee that all Europeans and all Brits in the academy will vote for these films.

Are all Asian people going to vote for Minari? Are all South Asian members going to vote for <i>Sound of Metal</i> because Riz Ahmed is in it? It’s absolutely ridiculous. Are all American voters in the academy going to vote the same way?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Right. And people with multicultural backgrounds are truly screwed then.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Queen Carey says underestimate my promo on American TV if you want to! I love it!! 👏🏽

https://www.etonline.com/saturday-night-live-carey-mulligan-delivers-epic-dramatic-monologue-in-fun-new-promo-watch-163713

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Would love to see this upset:

I need that to happen. A deserved win!

But right now I’m picturing Viola Davis coming onto the stage in my mind.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Queen Carey says underestimate my promo on American TV if you want to! I love it!! 👏🏽

https://www.etonline.com/saturday-night-live-carey-mulligan-delivers-epic-dramatic-monologue-in-fun-new-promo-watch-163713

Get that American vote Carey!!! Expand those votes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Right. And people with multicultural backgrounds are truly screwed then.

I’m obviously not a member of the academy but I’m a bisexual British-Asian writer-actor. If I were would I automatically go and vote for The White Tiger because of my South Asian heritage lmfao? Or am I going to have to vote for <i>The Father </i>and <i>Promising Young Woman</i> because I’m British? Sir Anthony or Riz?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Carey coming to snatch the SNL vote.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Queen Carey says underestimate my promo on American TV if you want to! I love it!! 👏🏽 https://www.etonline.com/saturday-night-live-carey-mulligan-delivers-epic-dramatic-monologue-in-fun-new-promo-watch-163713

Well at least if she doesn’t win the Oscar she can get an Emmy nomination if she’s any good…

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Andra coming to win the Oscar with ABC news vote.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Carey coming to snatch the SNL vote.

Don’t forget the blonde vote.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Well at least if she doesn’t win the Oscar she can get an Emmy nomination if she’s any good…

Exactly! The SNL guest starts often dominate the Guest actor & Actress comedy categories. If she makes a splash, she’s in! If she wins the Oscar, she could be looking at an Emmy a few months later! 😮

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don’t forget the blonde vote.

Carey is a chameleon. Watch as she dies her hair to get each of the blocs votes.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And here comes Viola snatching the lawyer vote.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Carey is a chameleon. Watch as she dies her hair to get each of the blocs votes.

lmao

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Andra coming to win the Oscar with ABC news vote.

Where are you Frances & Vanessa?! Carey, Viola and Andra are delivering us nice tv promotion in addition to anything else they do before/during voting!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.