Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

More often than not they go for the one closest to Oscar when applicable, but then last year they awarded Lupita Nyong’o over Cynthia Erivo. (There was some backlash among the African-American film community over Erivo’s casting, so that may have played a role.) Black Reel voters also had the option of choosing Day in the breakthrough category. This may be the first and last time I ever consider the Black Reel awards as a potential factor, but even then I’m not sure I should.

They did make some points though

Lakeith1

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Why Queen Kirby fans saying she’s getting the Oscar That does not make sense, in my opinion

People are bored. .) Kirby has 0% of winning.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Honestly, post BAFTA I see a path for any of them except Kirby. Mulligan and McDormand are in BP contenders, but I don’t see McDormand winning a 3rd lead acting Oscar when she will already be winning a 3rd this year for producing.

Davis and Day aren’t in a BP contender, but I see Ma Rainey being more widely seen than Billie Holiday so I give an edge to Davis. I still think I am going to go with Mulligan, but this really is one of the most fun races in a long time.

1. Carey Mulligan (AACTA, BFCA) (+ potentially BAFTA if not juried)
    2. Viola Davis (SAG)
    3. Andra Day (GG)
    4. Frances McDormand (BAFTA)
    5. Kirby

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan, Andra Day and Frances McDormand are the favorites in the first batch of anonymous Oscar ballots.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/awards/story/2021-04-12/three-anonymous-secret-oscar-ballots-academy-members?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan, Andra Day and Frances McDormand are the favorites in the first batch of anonymous Oscar ballots.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/awards/story/2021-04-12/three-anonymous-secret-oscar-ballots-academy-members?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Usually don’t bother with these because they are usually fluff to get people talking, but if these are legit, then ‘yay!’ for Youn!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Halle Berry is among the presenters for the Oscars. How iconic would it be if she presented Best Actress to a Black actress?

Edit: Of course Joaquin will present that award.

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Halle Berry is among the presenters for the Oscars. How iconic would it be if she presented Best Actress to a Black actress?

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Is Joaquin not presenting Best Actress?

But it would be nice if the narrative 100% guaranteed a Black Best Actress winner. Otherwise it would be embarrassing.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I think we could have a Cotillard/Colman scenario here.

This comparison is really compelling in my opinion. Promising Young Woman being placed in the comedy category at the Globes is not out of the real of possibility since it was nominated at ACE Eddie for comedy. Julie Christie was the main competitor to Cotillard but lost at BAFTA despite home turf territory since her film was so weak there while La Vie Rose hit all of its tech categories at BAFTA. Vanessa Kirby this season is Julie Christie, a well celebrated Brit who loses the BAFTA since nobody cares about their films and the prevailed winner’s film had much more passion.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Mulligan now has 15 expert predicting her.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

There were 16 experts predicting Glenn Close and 0 predicting Colman, so I don’t know if that’s something to be taken seriously.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

There were 16 experts predicting Glenn Close and 0 predicting Colman, so I don’t know if that’s something to be taken seriously.

FYI

Carey Mulligan won AACTA just like Olivia Colman. In other words, she’s the Colman this year and she’s in the BP nominee.

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter who I put in the first place, I’m gonna feel wrong about these predictions until that envelope presented by Joaquin is open

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Viola won the Black Reel Award (over Andra Day) last night BTW!

Wish Beharie had won. Wish she were winning on the 25th 🙁 That performance deserves so much more love than it has gotten, but indie…

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

Is there a discord server where you guys chat about actress award and other stuff ?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.