Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 516 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Is there a discord server where you guys chat about actress award and other stuff ?

I can do a Google chat if anyone is interested.

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Well I still can’t figure it out. I thought last night about how voters possibly feel when picking winners. They vote out of passion or obligation. With 2020 being SUCH A political year in many aspects, are voters going to pick Best Actress based on obligation, or passion? Or again- do we always over think these things and the voters just check off who they want.

I will say, I have a gut feeling that voters DON’T LIKE BEING TOLD WHO TO VOTE FOR. If it’s hammered in their heads that they MUST pick Glenn Close, Sylvester Stallone, and in this year- Chadwick Boseman, sometimes they will go against tides. Not always.

I will put my own vision out there- passion brings you to the podium over obligation. This doesn’t mean Chadwick doesn’t win. He still has passionate people stating “I know so and so is great, but I just gotta stick by my man.” Loyalty is hard when you’ve made your decision to root for that one person all season. Which is why Carey Mulligan seems tragic, since BAFTA couldn’t even nominate her for best actress despite awarding her movie BEST British Film. Then again BAFTA didn’t nominate Viola Davis or Andra Day either. That was the category where a lot of people we expected to be contenders didn’t make it. Best Actor, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress seemed to measure up still.

So again, pick who you want if you’re in the contest. We all have I’d say a 1/4 shot to get it right as I don’t see Kirby being a threat. That could also be my mistake. You sometimes don’t see it coming, until it happens.

I also am getting a feeling that Riz Ahmed cold upset in Best Actor, if voters now are split with Chaz and Anthony. Sound of Metal is popular, and people seem behind him. I need to watch the movie to form my own opinion, but again- I feel Passion for him too- like Chadwick and Anthony Hopkins.

CURRENT BEST ACTOR & BEST ACTRESS PREDICTIONS:

Anthony Hopkins, The Father
    Andra Day, The United States vs Billie Holiday

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Now with Frances McDormand having won BAFTA I have hope that my least favorite nominee might not win but I am still predicting her to win based on her SAG win. But at least I will be listening closely and have a feeling of a possibility of a surprise happening!!!

I was watching a clip of the 1973 Best Actress race – where Glenda Jackson unexpectedly won for A Touch Of Class – and Ellen Burstyn had a strong reaction of disbelief!!! I couldn’t make out what she was saying, despite being able to read lips, but I am certain it wasn’t “good for her!” (; There is a possibility of an out of left field unexpected win this year and it’s fun!!!

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Now with Frances McDormand having won BAFTA I have hope that my least favorite nominee might not win but I am still predicting her to win based on her SAG win. But at least I will be listening closely and have a feeling of a possibility of a surprise happening!!!

I was watching a clip of the 1973 Best Actress race – where Glenda Jackson unexpectedly won for A Touch Of Class – and Ellen Burstyn had a strong reaction of disbelief!!! I couldn’t make out what she was saying, despite being able to read lips, but I am certain it wasn’t “good for her!” (; There is a possibility of an out of left field unexpected win this year and it’s fun!!!

I’ll have to watch that clip! So cool. It is fun. All five women have a chance, including Vanessa Kirby herself. Perhaps her being on a show called The Crown may give us some insight on who will be given one April 25th. Still, I feel industry support means a lot these days and her performance aside, the movie made no noise.

I find myself tugging between Andra Day, Frances McDormand and Carey Mulligan. Once again ladies and gentleman – these thoughts will change lol!! So forgive me if I sound like I’m rambling. I truly didn’t expect this year’s race to be so exciting. I was not that enthused earlier in the year, and partially this had to do with the pandemic and some other issues I was going through. However, now its going to be like Xmas morning! I think I’ll also be genuinely happy for any of the ladies that win, even Viola Davis. I know it’s hammy but she does transform, even if it makes us uncomfortable- as some have put out there.

I had asked this earlier – but can someone please tell me if Carey Mulligan is campaigning the most NOW or before she lost the Globe/SAGs? That could make a difference.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

I just can’t wait for this season to be over and we can discuss who will be the most overdue actress next season… I presume it will be Kirsten Dunst.

Also, since I do like Aretha, I’m curious about Jennifer Hudson.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Now with Frances McDormand having won BAFTA I have hope that my least favorite nominee might not win but I am still predicting her to win based on her SAG win.

She has a name BTW.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Kirsten has to at least be in a movie where she deserves being nominated before the overdue label can be applied.

Its kinda cool that after all the precursors are done that the winner is till up in the air.  Regardless I expect the meltdowns to be glorious

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I wonder if it I’d possible that McDormand will pull a Katharine Hepburn and win her 3rd after only winning BAFTA. That would be shocking.

Even more shocking if Day pulled a Streisand and tied with her lol.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Kirsten has to at least be in a movie where she deserves being nominated before the overdue label can be applied.

that’s disgusting keep it to yourself

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

She has a name BTW.

I’m still trying to completely grasp the entire post. But ultimately, I get where they were trying to go..

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Kirsten has to at least be in a movie where she deserves being nominated before the overdue label can be applied. Its kinda cool that after all the precursors are done that the winner is till up in the air. Regardless I expect the meltdowns to be glorious

I’m considering the buzz about Jane Campion’s “The Power of The Dog”, but I agree it is still very early.

Back in 2011, hadn’t von Trier said what he said in Cannes, Kirsten would certainly be in contention in the Best Actress talk in 2012.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Halle Berry being a presenter of the Oscars is really telling my gut to predict a Black actress to win. Her, Zendaya, and Regina King also being presenters is screaming at my gut. This category is a mess and people should just stick with their gut because no amount of arguing will make someone switch to a different person at this stage of the race.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Halle Berry being a presenter of the Oscars is really telling my gut to predict a Black actress to win. Her, Zendaya, and Regina King also being presenters is screaming at my gut. This category is a mess and people should just stick with their gut because no amount of arguing will make someone switch to a different person at this stage of the race.

Halle’s one of the most famous actresses out there, Zendaya’s an up and coming actress and Regina’s fairly popular in actress circles. Not surprising they’d get invites with or without Davis or Day winning

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

that’s disgusting keep it to yourself

Dont be mad at me, be mad at her agent.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Halle’s one of the most famous actresses out there, Zendaya’s an up and coming actress and Regina’s fairly popular in actress circles. Not surprising they’d get invites with or without Davis or Day winning

It’s been a while since Berry has been to the Oscars, no? That’s true Zendaya and King most likely would have been presenting anyways but I am imagining a Black actress winning lead actress and the cameras cutting to their expressions. It’s obviously overthinking but I’ve had Day since the Globe win then switched to Davis after SAG.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.