Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 516 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Team Carey!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Should win: Audra Day
    Will Win: Audra Day or Viola Davis
    May Surprise: Carey Mulligan (Hope not)

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

I am most definitely certain that “Audra” Day is not going to win, Andra Day though, still holds a chance.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Not sure what was happening here the last couple of pages but I loved it

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Raises hand to answer.. for the ridiculousness of it all. No other reason makes sense in my mind..

And my thing is Viola Davis is an acting legend you shouldn’t hate on any actress but Viola is one of the best actresses that has ever step in front of a camera. No shade to her but you’ll see people on gold derby praise girls with less acting skills like Anya Taylor joy but have a problem with Viola getting the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Despite the very flawed movie i would give the Oscar to Andra her performance as Billie Holliday still honestly haunts me she embodied the spirit and pain and beauty of Billie Holliday and gave her all to her performance.If Billie Holliday was better quality and in the race for best picture Andra would probably be winning.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I still believe we need to get rid of the SAG Awards and the Critic Choice awards. Not that I hate their wins, but I find them pointless.

Golden Globes, Indie Spirit, BAFTA, and Oscars should be the only English-Language based award shows.

Hopefully this comment doesn’t offend but I think it is too much.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I still believe we need to get rid of the SAG Awards and the Critic Choice awards. Not that I hate their wins, but I find them pointless. Golden Globes, Indie Spirit, BAFTA, and Oscars should be the only English-Language based award shows. Hopefully this comment doesn’t offend but I think it is too much.

If we are getting rid of any awards shows, I’d definitely get rid of the Golden Globes first.  Why should such a small number of seemingly racist grifters have any influence at all, let alone so much influence?

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I still believe we need to get rid of the SAG Awards and the Critic Choice awards. Not that I hate their wins, but I find them pointless. Golden Globes, Indie Spirit, BAFTA, and Oscars should be the only English-Language based award shows. Hopefully this comment doesn’t offend but I think it is too much.

Why Globes? Why are journalists allowed to choose who’s the best performer of the year and the whole industry feels very rewarded by it? Why can’t a guild reward its member with an award? Sorry for these bunch of (rethorical) question

For me, Oscars and SAG are the only American awards for film that deserve to be televised (of course BAFTA for UK). It represents the highest recognition since for Oscars, the member of national academy recognises an artist, and for SAG, the whole people who share the same occupation vote for it. Critics Choice and Golden Globes seem like it’s only there to stir the vote while Indie Spirit and Gotham are not that different from any other critics award. I’m also sorry if any member here feels offended since I didn’t mean to.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Should win: Audra Day
    Will Win: Audra Day or Viola Davis May
    Surprise: Carey Mulligan (Hope not)

Liz Lawrence

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Why Globes? Why are journalists allowed to choose who’s the best performer of the year and the whole industry feels very rewarded by it? Why can’t a guild reward its member with an award? Sorry for these bunch of (rethorical) question

For me, Oscars and SAG are the only American awards for film that deserve to be televised (of course BAFTA for UK). It represents the highest recognition since for Oscars, the member of national academy recognises an artist, and for SAG, the whole people who share the same occupation vote for it. Critics Choice and Golden Globes seem like it’s only there to stir the vote while Indie Spirit and Gotham are not that different from any other critics award. I’m also sorry if any member here feels offended since I didn’t mean to.

Globes are legendary. Yes, they may be problematic in some areas, but, they are legendary.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

If we are getting rid of any awards shows, I’d definitely get rid of the Golden Globes first. Why should such a small number of seemingly racist grifters have any influence at all, let alone so much influence?

i mean sure they are problematic but it’s the Globes yk, they’re iconic. you cant just get rid of them. And it’s the most fun one since they’re all way drunker than they normally are during the other shows hehe

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Should win: Audra Day Will Win: Audra Day or Viola Davis May Surprise: Carey Mulligan (Hope not)

My money is on Audra Day. let’s go

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Globes is iconic and sets the tone of the race. The monologues are fun and the actors at the tables act way less formal than they usually do at other shows. Obviously they have their own problems but SAG would influence the race too much and AMPAS would be pressured to just follow SAG. The Globes saved Ruth Negga and propelled Regina King wins.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Globes are legendary. Yes, they may be problematic in some areas, but, they are legendary.

For all the wrong reasons. I mean, didn’t we just get reports this year that they’ve always been a racist, exclusionary, corrupt organization full of rich “journalists” (vast majority haven’t worked in many years)?

You can’t take away any particular guild award from the industry, so SAG stays (I just wish they hadn’t included the AFTRA members when they combined). The Critics Choice Awards hopefully will be defunct not too long from now. I don’t mind the Indie Spirits, they’ve been a valuable resource for independent film artists that’s enriched the culture since they began.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.