Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 516 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, let’s get rid of the SAG Awards, which is actually (mostly) inclusive, but keep the racist Globes. Please.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m finding it weird how I’m seeing so much coverage from pundits about Carey’s SNL hosting gig but saw hardly anything about Daniel Kaluuya’s last week.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/global-nominees-academy-awards-carey-mulligan-saturday-night-live-oscars-1234730752/

Either way I’m looking forward to SNL tonight (or tomorrow for me considering I’ll just catch up on it lol). Kaluuya was great last week and I have no doubt Mulligan will do much wrong here.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m finding it weird how I’m seeing so much coverage from pundits about Carey’s SNL hosting gig but saw hardly anything about Daniel Kaluuya’s last week. https://deadline.com/2021/04/global-nominees-academy-awards-carey-mulligan-saturday-night-live-oscars-1234730752/ Either way I’m looking forward to SNL tonight (or tomorrow for me considering I’ll just catch up on it lol). Kaluuya was great last week and I have no doubt Mulligan will do much wrong here.

At least Kaluuya doesn’t really need the push considering he’s a lock.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At least Kaluuya doesn’t really need the push considering he’s a lock.

Thankfully.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am already dreading the inevitable “She’s gonna win because of SNL” comments.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am already dreading the inevitable “She’s gonna win because of SNL” comments.

Oh no! Carey is going to win because she hosted SNL on Saturday April 10th 2021 with musical guest Kid Cudi. Not because of SNL.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

It’s kinda funny that the only two nominees who hit all the precursors both have no chance of winning. Very funny

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s kinda funny that the only two nominees who hit all the precursors both have no chance of winning. Very funny

She might be coming if she wins the bafta. 

Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

Just started watching a Bill Maher clip because it had the Oscar statuette in the thumbnail and he seriously goddamn spoiled Promising Young Woman.

Just a warning if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

I just found it on Amazon Prime (free trial but you can rent it for a fee) and was going to watch it this weekend.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman and <i>Judas and the Black Messiah </i>feel like the only films I have heard people outside of the industry and film twitter talk about. Which is ironic considering how both The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Mank are Netflix films.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Oh no! Carey is going to win because she hosted SNL on Saturday April 10th 2021 with musical guest Kid Cudi. Not because of SNL.

Media put alot of stock into that for some reason. I memba that the media started implying lawrence might not win hers cuz she bombed her monologue.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’m finding it weird how I’m seeing so much coverage from pundits about Carey’s SNL hosting gig but saw hardly anything about Daniel Kaluuya’s last week.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/global-nominees-academy-awards-carey-mulligan-saturday-night-live-oscars-1234730752/

Either way I’m looking forward to SNL tonight (or tomorrow for me considering I’ll just catch up on it lol). Kaluuya was great last week and I have no doubt Mulligan will do much wrong here.

To be fair, there was a TON of news coverage about Kaluuya’s SNL appearance. See, e.g.,

Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise In Demo With Host Daniel Kaluuya
    Apr 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM | Deadline

Daniel Kaluuya Jokes on SNL About the Royal Family After Meghan Markle’s Shocking Claim
    Apr 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM | E! Online

Daniel Kaluuya Mocks Golden Globes Gaffe in ‘SNL’ Opening Monologue
    Apr 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM | Indiewire

Saturday Night Live: Daniel Kaluuya as ‘what the royal family was afraid the baby would look like’
    Apr 4, 2021 at 7:11 AM | The Guardian – TV News

Daniel Kaluuya Takes Jab at Royal Family, Compares British and American Racism in ‘SNL’ Monologue
    Apr 4, 2021 at 6:44 AM | The Hollywood Reporter

‘SNL’: Daniel Kaluuya’s Opening Monologue Compares British Vs. American Racism & Amplifies His Golden Globe Win
    Apr 3, 2021 at 11:19 PM | Deadline

Daniel Kaluuya ‘SNL’ monologue takes jabs at Golden Globes, royal family
    Apr 3, 2021 at 11:12 PM | Gold Derby

SNL Video: Lil Nas X Gives God a Lap Dance at Britney Spears’ Request
    Apr 3, 2021 at 11:11 PM | TVLine.com

Daniel Kaluuya’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Monologue Compares American and British Racism
    Apr 3, 2021 at 11:08 PM | Variety

‘Saturday Night Live’: How to Watch Tonight’s Episode Hosted by Daniel Kaluuya
    Apr 3, 2021 at 3:00 PM | Indiewire

‘SNL’: Daniel Kaluuya Sets Stage For First Appearance As Host In New Promo, Encouraging Viewers To “Put Down The Books” And Tune In
    Apr 1, 2021 at 9:56 PM | Deadline

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be fair, there was a TON of news coverage about Kaluuya’s SNL appearance. See, e.g., Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise In Demo With Host Daniel Kaluuya Apr 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM | Deadline Daniel Kaluuya Jokes on SNL About the Royal Family After Meghan Markle’s Shocking Claim Apr 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM | E! Online Daniel Kaluuya Mocks Golden Globes Gaffe in ‘SNL’ Opening Monologue Apr 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM | Indiewire Saturday Night Live: Daniel Kaluuya as ‘what the royal family was afraid the baby would look like’ Apr 4, 2021 at 7:11 AM | The Guardian – TV News Daniel Kaluuya Takes Jab at Royal Family, Compares British and American Racism in ‘SNL’ Monologue Apr 4, 2021 at 6:44 AM | The Hollywood Reporter ‘SNL’: Daniel Kaluuya’s Opening Monologue Compares British Vs. American Racism & Amplifies His Golden Globe Win Apr 3, 2021 at 11:19 PM | Deadline Daniel Kaluuya ‘SNL’ monologue takes jabs at Golden Globes, royal family Apr 3, 2021 at 11:12 PM | Gold Derby SNL Video: Lil Nas X Gives God a Lap Dance at Britney Spears’ Request Apr 3, 2021 at 11:11 PM | TVLine.com Daniel Kaluuya’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Monologue Compares American and British Racism Apr 3, 2021 at 11:08 PM | Variety ‘Saturday Night Live’: How to Watch Tonight’s Episode Hosted by Daniel Kaluuya Apr 3, 2021 at 3:00 PM | Indiewire ‘SNL’: Daniel Kaluuya Sets Stage For First Appearance As Host In New Promo, Encouraging Viewers To “Put Down The Books” And Tune In Apr 1, 2021 at 9:56 PM | Deadline

There was after but I hadn’t really seen much pre hype for his hosting gig. But maybe I wasn’t that zoned in last week haha.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

There was after but I hadn’t really seen much pre hype for his hosting gig. But maybe I wasn’t that zoned in last week haha.

Two of the articles I listed were published before the April 3rd SNL broadcast with Kaluuya aired and I also saw at least three other different articles in NY newspapers before his appearance.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Tbh I saw hype for Daniel’s SNL, I’ve seen zero for Carey.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.