Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 508 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I looked at the votes on RT and MC and I don’t think that’s true, the rest have a lot more on there as well. But even if I grant you that, the same demographic of people used IMDb to get PYW to over 67k ratings AND have it sit at a 7.5 average rating. I don’t buy that enough people have watched the film to get her a win when people know there’s other options

Fair. I was trying to find a way to justify’s Hulu’s high viewing numbers.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

I said this before, if BAFTA had kept the old system and PYW had competed in comedy at the Globes, Mulligan would’ve lost SAG only, like Casey Affleck.

Agree, and this is exactly why she still has an excellent chance at winning. She still has CC and AACTA. The Globes and BAFTA jury really stuffed up her chances. Davis was fine, but the role was just too small and she just isn’t as good as Mulligan and Kirby. Haven’t see Day yet.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I don’t think the song was even at the start of the end credits? That usually rules it out of contention, but I don’t remember the Academy ever releasing a full list of eligible songs to the press. Madonna’s ‘Masterpiece’ from her film W.E. was ineligible for this reason despite winning the Globe.

I haven’t seen United States vs Billie Holiday but yeah, if it’s not the first song in the credits then Tigress & Tweed would be ineligible at the Oscars.

The same thing happened to Brian Wilson for Love & Mercy a few years ago (made it in at the Globes but missed Oscar). It’s a shame because he would’ve easily beaten that awful Sam Smith song.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

WHATS HAPPENED TO MY ACCOUNT? For some reason my account Ddk has mysteriously disappeared??????? I can’t log into my account!!! I’ve emailed the email 5 times and they’re ignoring me. IS IT COS IM BLACK????? What the f is up with this website???? I PREACH THE TRUTH AND I GET WHITEWASHED!!!! What is happening to the world today. I start talking about Viola winning the Oscar and suddenly I can’t find my account? Ummmmmm? Its all around us and we just accept it. We will NOT be whitewashed from history. It’s been 82 YEARS since the first BLACK woman won an Oscar and couldn’t even sit at a table with her peers. How far have we actually come since then??? In the year 2021, nearly a CENTURY away from the first Best Actress win, ONLY ONE BLACK ACTRESS HAS EVER WON A BEST ACTRESS OSCAR!!!!!! I’m BLACK and proud. RACISM is NOT over. THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. GREATNESS WILL WIN. TWO TIME ACADEMY AWARD WINNER VIOLA DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!

Ma’am this is a Wendy’s

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Okay I think I figured it out. So Carey Mulligan is apparently the only nominee from her group that doesn’t have an iPad. She has an iPhone apparently, but she told Viola and Vanessa at the luncheon “I’m an android geek.” This didn’t go well. Andra and Frances joined in the conversation and said that meant Carey wasn’t winning.

“And we KNOW you aren’t either hun, its okay.” Words Frances told to Vanessa, who nodded politely.

So that brings us to

Frances
    Andra
    Viola

Now get this. Viola LOVES playing the Violin. She said she learned to play in “just 2 days” at the luncheon, and voters were impressed. Especially because it took Meryl Streep much longer to learn the violin in Music of the Heart (1999). “AND I had to gain weight.” Audible agreements.

“BUT, you didn’t play a real person…LIKE ME.” Andra Day said. Hush comes over the table..

“Yes I did”, Viola. “She was before Billie.”

With this conversation, it’s agreed Davis is winning. I can’t see how this isn’t an obvious scenario. She even showed off her magic card tricks at the table. She made the ace of spades show up on Glenn Close’s fettuccini and basil dish. THAT ALSO didn’t go well- especially for the Dior jacket Glenn had on. More on that later.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

WHATS HAPPENED TO MY ACCOUNT? For some reason my account Ddk has mysteriously disappeared??????? I can’t log into my account!!! I’ve emailed the email 5 times and they’re ignoring me. IS IT COS IM BLACK????? What the f is up with this website???? I PREACH THE TRUTH AND I GET WHITEWASHED!!!! What is happening to the world today. I start talking about Viola winning the Oscar and suddenly I can’t find my account? Ummmmmm? Its all around us and we just accept it. We will NOT be whitewashed from history. It’s been 82 YEARS since the first BLACK woman won an Oscar and couldn’t even sit at a table with her peers. How far have we actually come since then??? In the year 2021, nearly a CENTURY away from the first Best Actress win, ONLY ONE BLACK ACTRESS HAS EVER WON A BEST ACTRESS OSCAR!!!!!! I’m BLACK and proud. RACISM is NOT over. THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. GREATNESS WILL WIN. TWO TIME ACADEMY AWARD WINNER VIOLA DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!

I have a wild guess who’s shutting down all the Viola talk… 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Okay I think I figured it out. So Carey Mulligan is apparently the only nominee from her group that doesn’t have an iPad. She has an iPhone apparently, but she told Viola and Vanessa at the luncheon “I’m an android geek.” This didn’t go well. Andra and Frances joined in the conversation and said that meant Carey wasn’t winning. “And we KNOW you aren’t either hun, its okay.” Words Frances told to Vanessa, who nodded politely. So that brings us to Frances Andra Viola Now get this. Viola LOVES playing the Violin. She said she learned to play in “just 2 days” at the luncheon, and voters were impressed. Especially because it took Meryl Streep much longer to learn the violin in Music of the Heart (1999). “AND I had to gain weight.” Audible agreements. “BUT, you didn’t play a real person…LIKE ME.” Andra Day said. Hush comes over the table.. “Yes I did”, Viola. “She was before Billie.” With this conversation, it’s agreed Davis is winning. I can’t see how this isn’t an obvious scenario. She even showed off her magic card tricks at the table. She made the ace of spades show up on Glenn Close’s fettuccini and basil dish. THAT ALSO didn’t go well- especially for the Dior jacket Glenn had on. More on that later.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Can I ask why some of you guys are saying Carey would have won the Comedy Globe? Because I don’t think she would have. If they chose to award the until-then 5th place nominee Day over Mulligan in Drama, I think it’s very likely that Rosamund, who they love and awarded over the until-then front runner Bakalova, would still have prevailed.

FYC:

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Prime Minister, if Avenger does not win, I’d rather see Singing Junkie winning over Grillz. Actually, my ideal runner up would be Pike…

We’re not calling Billie Holiday that wow. Reported.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Can I ask why some of you guys are saying Carey would have won the Comedy Globe? Because I don’t think she would have. If they chose to award the until-then 5th place nominee Day over Mulligan in Drama, I think it’s very likely that Rosamund, who they love and awarded over the until-then front runner Bakalova, would still have prevailed.

The movie would’ve been nominated for Comedy/Musical, and I know Pike won without that, but assuming it still would’ve gotten Screenplay and Director there, she would’ve been a slam dunk.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Okay I think I figured it out. So Carey Mulligan is apparently the only nominee from her group that doesn’t have an iPad. She has an iPhone apparently, but she told Viola and Vanessa at the luncheon “I’m an android geek.” This didn’t go well. Andra and Frances joined in the conversation and said that meant Carey wasn’t winning. “And we KNOW you aren’t either hun, its okay.” Words Frances told to Vanessa, who nodded politely. So that brings us to Frances Andra Viola Now get this. Viola LOVES playing the Violin. She said she learned to play in “just 2 days” at the luncheon, and voters were impressed. Especially because it took Meryl Streep much longer to learn the violin in Music of the Heart (1999). “AND I had to gain weight.” Audible agreements. “BUT, you didn’t play a real person…LIKE ME.” Andra Day said. Hush comes over the table.. “Yes I did”, Viola. “She was before Billie.” With this conversation, it’s agreed Davis is winning. I can’t see how this isn’t an obvious scenario. She even showed off her magic card tricks at the table. She made the ace of spades show up on Glenn Close’s fettuccini and basil dish. THAT ALSO didn’t go well- especially for the Dior jacket Glenn had on. More on that later.

These posts are getting tiresome bro. Freshen up your comedy a bit

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

There is no way in hell Rosamund would have won over Mulligan. And PYW would have won over Borat 2 as well.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I really…don’t know that Mulligan would’ve beaten Pike. HFPA is obsessed with Rossy, it seems.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The movie would’ve been nominated for Comedy/Musical, and I know Pike won without that, but assuming it still would’ve gotten Screenplay and Director there, she would’ve been a slam dunk.

I don’t understand. Director and Screenplay aren’t categorised by genre. Carey would have been in the exact same position in Comedy as she was in Drama.

FYC:

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

There is no way in hell Rosamund would have won over Mulligan. And PYW would have won over Borat 2 as well.

How do you know that Rosamund wouldn’t win over Mulligan? She lost to Day- who came out of nowhere and had a panned movie. And the HFPA have an established history of favouring Rosamund.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.