Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 508 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Josh O'Connor warrior
    Topics:

Is this tremendously unlikely in any year? Yes. But we rarely have a race quite like this, and ties happen every once in a while.

I’ve thought about this a lot too, but I’m hesitant to believe this would happen

(Longtime user, first-time poster. This is rad!)

Welcome!

Emmys FYC
    Best Actor in a Drama Series: Josh O'Connor (The Crown)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision)

Oscars FYC
    Best Actress: Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actress: Yun-jung Youn (Minari)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Not that ballot voting for Glenn Close since they want to see her win and remarking how they have not even seen Hillbilly Elegy. Not taking that ballot seriously.

I don’t know why you’re so surprised. That happens every year. In the year Julianne Moore won, several members literally admitted to not have seen Still Alice but they were going with her anyway cause they wanted her to win an Oscar.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not that ballot voting for Glenn Close since they want to see her win and remarking how they have not even seen Hillbilly Elegy. Not taking that ballot seriously.

I’m pretty sure many voters simply want to see her win regardless of the poor quality of her movie (and her Razzie nom 💀). But obviously that still won’t be enough

And let’s be real, nobody watched The Wife either yet she came that close. It probably would have been the most irrelevant Best Actress winning movie ever 💀

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

That last voter said that she would be voting for Bakalova, not Close. She said that she’s impartial to voting for Close because she hasn’t won an Oscar yet but would like to see her in the movie.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

That last voter said that she would be voting for Bakalova, not Close. She said that she’s impartial to voting for Close because she hasn’t won an Oscar yet but would like to see her in the movie.

Just when I thought the reading comprehension level in this thread/board was bad enough, smh…

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

I also wish Spacek got more recognition. She’s awesome.

Tbh, I think Jessica Lange (an inferior actress, IMO) somehow became the 1980s actress famous for playing women on the edge (something Spacek is AWESOME at doing).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Sissy Spacek is another victim of ageism like Sally Field.

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Sissy Spacek is another victim of ageism like Sally Field.

Tbf, isn’t that whole generarion of American actresses a victim of ageism? Aside from Meryl Streep, none are relevant in film today.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Since someone brought up Marcia Gay Harden, Carey Mulligan would have been the Julie Walters of this season. A British actress that coattails with Best British Film in a split precursor race. So yes you should consider the fact Mulligan would have won under the old BAFTA system in your predictions. In fact I’d say she had a greater chance at winning than Anthony Hopkins under the old system since Brits could not support multiple British actors in Best Film nominees in the current race since they were snubbed. Mulligan and Colman were all snubbed.

People keep saying this, but we don’t know that Mulligan would have won. It could have very well still went to McDormand who anchored the Best Film winner.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

People keep saying this, but we don’t know that Mulligan would have won. It could have very well still went to McDormand who anchored the Best Film winner.

I’m cocky enough to say she definitely would’ve won, but I would guess that she probably would’ve won. Especially considering the whole British Film thing, I do think that tells me that they liked the film enough that they damn well could’ve voted for her. Again, won’t say she definitely would’ve won, but I think she probably would’ve won

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Reading that voters stuff, If both chadwick and Viola are supporting than who’s lead?

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I’m cocky enough to say she definitely would’ve won, but I would guess that she probably would’ve won. Especially considering the whole British Film thing, I do think that tells me that they liked the film enough that they damn well could’ve voted for her. Again, won’t say she definitely would’ve won, but I think she probably would’ve won

Lol I appreciate your honesty.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman beat The Father for the “Best British Film” prize and the latter film won Best Actor over Chadwick Boseman (who has been sweeping). If The Father is strong enough to propel Hopkins to win but not strong enough to beat <i>Promising Young Woman </i>then it’s very likely that Mulligan would have won there if nominated by the jury imo.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Davis
    2. Mulligan
    3. Day
    4. McDormand
    5. Kirby

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Reading that voters stuff, If both chadwick and Viola are supporting than who’s lead?

Huh, maybe it’s LaKeith Stanfield…

FYC: Minari for Everything

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.