Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken, there was a different jury for each category. But even if there wasn’t, they could’ve snubbed her on purpose because they’re trying not to “predict the Oscars” or whatever

You’re really trying, which I admire, but having a rational discussion with Victor is practically impossible.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I’m betting for Day Huns. I’m winning those $600 dollars. She’s coming to upset and snatch the Oscar.

But no surprise. Mulligan is number 1 in the odds. She’s number 1. Haters must be fuming.

Here’s the Best Actress Vegas Betting Odds via Bovada

Mulligan +125
    Davis +200
    McDormand +350
    Day +600
    Kirby +1500

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

You’re really trying, which I admire, but having a rational discussion with Victor is practically impossible,

😘

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Happy 33rd Birthday to the amazingly talented Vanessa Kirby!

Happy Birthday, mama!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way I have a gut feeling that McDormand is going to win..

Profile picture
    Summerville
    Topics:

What kind of satanic ceremonial do I have to pull off to make Carey win? Ugh. To think we could have such a refreshing role/performance winning and yet the Academy is gonna fall for the usual biopic/bait. At least we have queen Yuh-jung Youn this year <3

Profile picture
    Shaunie Jean
    Topics:

Andra Day’s primary scene partner in USvBH is Miss. Lawrence of Real Housewives of Atlanta fame. Miss. Lawrence in all his fierce glory sashaying onscreen in a litany of horrendous wigs and even worse fashions is going to assist Day in winning BA?

You must be joking! That funeral scene alone should cost her the Oscar. Nope its the dialogue free lynching montage under the guise of an interpretative dance motif that blows her shot!

USvBH‘s entire cast is made up of D-list celebrities from bit player reality show narcissists and has been child stars to B movie mainstays and random nobodies. There were so many laughable moments that clearly weren’t meant to be humorous. No one else in the film got nominated. No one. Rightfully so!

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You’re really trying, which I admire, but having a rational discussion with Victor is practically impossible.

I like taking my chances every once in a while

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

This category has always been Davis vs. Mulligan – of the two I want Mulligan to win and am predicting Davis!!! This is the envelope opening I am most looking forward to finding out the name inside!!!!

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

This category has always been Davis vs. Mulligan – of the two I want Mulligan to win and am predicting Davis!!! This is the envelope opening I am most looking forward to finding out the name inside!!!!

Watch it be Andra Day! The Globes are more telling than we think.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I’d be lying if I were to tell you that I am excited by Andra Day winning. That movie is so, so bad. I appreciate her commitment to it. I really loved how she camped up when she needed to but that movie should not win an Oscar.

Please don’t encourage Lee Daniels.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Day is campaigning as hell. I don’t think she’s lower than 3rd

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I do doubt Andra’s chances as a whole. I do think her Globe win is what got her the nomination, which is deserving in itself. I still think her role itself is baity enough to pull off an “upset.” This race is so divided and strange that anyone can pull off the win, except Kirby. I don’t see any scenario where she wins.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Day won, despite the arguments against she was committed and I thought especially good in her concluding scenes. But, I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned

SPOILERS AHEAD 

But did anyone else find her nude and sex scenes excessive? I get they are trying to show Billie as someone who found one of her few comforts in sex, troubled childhood etc but what was with one of them in particular synchronised with her song? And where she stripped to prove she wasn’t carrying drugs/a weapon? We know Andra lost weight to play the role…do we need to see the proof again and again? Don’t get me wrong, I love a well directed sex scene and am all for nudity when used well, but why not show anything with her girlfriend? Why only with the men? I wish this movie had been directed by a woman.

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Lee Daniels loves those overly graphic nude scenes remember the scene that gave Halle Berry her Oscar. “make me feel gooood, can you make me feel goood.”

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.