Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 500 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frances when she wins:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

its pretty cool getting your own artwork like that.

Profile picture
    Reynoldswoodcock
    Topics:

Andra Day has literally given one of the all time great performances as Billie Holliday and it’s already iconic!!! Oprah has RAVED her, I quote ‘Miss Day, I bow to you, I bow to you, truly just thinking about this performance brings tears to my eyes…. what you have done on the screen is incarnate her’. Andra Day is the clear front runner and will win. The. Oscar!!! Non of the other actresses in contention come CLOSE to this performance!! She deserves the win and to say otherwise is propaganda and jealousy.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Another win for the most acclaimed performance of the year.

It’s what she deserves.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Clayton “The circuit” is such a mess predicting that he had a conversation/interview with Viola Davis and after the conversation/interview he puts her number 1 in his predictions 😂😂🤣

Profile picture
    Yahorabasetoke
    Topics:

Lol the people on here trying to give the non argument that Viola Davis can’t win the Oscar because of her ‘limited’ screen time are delusional. Anthony Hopkins won the Best Actor Oscar for Silence of the Lambs for his 16 minutes of screen time. Viola Davis has 26 minutes 41 seconds, so go suck it!! I still think it’s a tie between Day and Davis

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/movies/oscar-nominations-2021-ballot.html

This poll has McDormand as the clear winner

1. McDormand 34%
    2. Viola Davis 22%
    3. Vanessa Kirby 17%
    4. Carey Mulligan 15%
    5. Andra Day 10%

Is this telling of Sunday night?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/movies/oscar-nominations-2021-ballot.html This poll has McDormand as the clear winner

1. McDormand 34%
    2. Viola Davis 22%
    3. Vanessa Kirby 17%
    4. Carey Mulligan 15%
    5. Andra Day 10%

No. This is an audience poll.

One has to keep in mind with these types of things how much name recognition plays a role. Frances McDormand and Viola Davis are big names. Vanessa Kirby’s film is on Netflix and she was in The Crown.

All this poll tells us is that hardly anyone has heard of Andra Day unless they’ve seen the USvsBH and whilst Carey Mulligan is a big name in the industry and in British and independent cinema, she doesn’t have universal international name recognition (a bit like Olivia Colman or Lesley Manville).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Andra Day has literally given one of the all time great performances as Billie Holliday and it’s already iconic!!! Oprah has RAVED her, I quote ‘Miss Day, I bow to you, I bow to you, truly just thinking about this performance brings tears to my eyes…. what you have done on the screen is incarnate her’. Andra Day is the clear front runner and will win. The. Oscar!!! Non of the other actresses in contention come CLOSE to this performance!! She deserves the win and to say otherwise is propaganda and jealousy.

💀

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

I want a reaction a la Olivia Colman or Marion Cotillard. We are gonna have an upset whoever wins, I’m here for it.

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

as far as secondary leads go, i don’t think ma rainey as a role is quite as iconic as hannibal lecter or nurse ratched, but.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Also, can we just take a moment and acknowledge what a player Marcia Gay Harden has been? She won an Oscar and was nominated for another one without ever making the Golden Globe/SAG/BAFTA lineups. Like doing it once is one thing, but doing it twice? She’s good.

She’s an excellent actress and should have been nominated for The Mist as well! 🙂

She said she wants to be nominated again.

Profile picture
    Delilah
    Topics:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/movies/oscar-nominations-2021-ballot.html This poll has McDormand as the clear winner

1. McDormand 34%
    2. Viola Davis 22%
    3. Vanessa Kirby 17%
    4. Carey Mulligan 15%
    5. Andra Day 10%

She’s in the presumptive BP winner meaning her movie is being seen. That’s a built-in advantage the rest of the nominees can’t claim.

McDormand is being underestimated, IMO. Oscar voters care less and less about near back-to-back wins— Ali, Waltz, Inarritu all big category doubles in the last decade. If they like the performance, she’ll win. They won’t care if it’s her third.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

1. McDormand 34%
    2. Viola Davis 22%
    3. Vanessa Kirby 17%
    4. Carey Mulligan 15%
    5. Andra Day 10%

I mean, this is the same poll that would pick Cohen to win supporting actor. A mere audience poll, and mostly just shows what audiences have seen and haven’t seen.

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

1. McDormand 34%
    2. Viola Davis 22%
    3. Vanessa Kirby 17%
    4. Carey Mulligan 15%
    5. Andra Day 10%

This is so funny for the international feature poll there are 37 thousand total votes compared to 13 thousand votes in Best Picture. And Quo Vadis, Aida? is taking 94% of those 37 thousand votes. Pls someone is using bots on this website.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.