Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

What if the British bloc vote for Dench and Walters split the vote along with Frances and Kate Hudson splitting the vote for the same film paved a path for Gay Harden to win?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Speaking of Marcia, check out this cool new article commemorating the 20th anniversary of her unprecedented win. She also throws some shade at a certain Dame lol:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/marcia-gay-harden-interview-pollock-surprise-oscar.html

I’ll give the Dame the benefit of the doubt there. Her husband of 30 years died two months before that year’s ceremony, so she likely wasn’t in the best mental state. I’m surprised she even attended.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I am not sure if people want J.Hud — whom I adore, BTW — of all people to set all these records. If it’s not Viola (or Andra) this year, please let it be Regina King for “Shirley.”

Or Octavia Spencer who’s been doing outstanding work for almost 10 years and has the best post-Oscar career ever. From Fruitvale Station to Hidden Figures to The Shape of Water to Ma and Luce. I feel like people don’t acknowledge how great her work has been. Esp. considering her lack of opportunities for certain roles, including leading ones. Let’s not forget that until this year, she held the record alongside Davis as the most nominated black actress in history. It’s time for the crowd to cheer her on for a second win.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

I am not sure if people want J.Hud — whom I adore, BTW — of all people to set all these records. If it’s not Viola (or Andra) this year, please let it be Regina King for “Shirley.”

I agree about Regina King over J.Hudson. But, I’m tired of black actors just being nominated for roles in movies that are either stage adaptations or biopics. I mean, where are the interesting roles? Its infuriating why more complex, well written parts aren’t being written for black actors because of which many are stuck to biopics.. Viola herself has spoken on this. Biopics are great but there is a need for more original and stellar scripts like Moonlight.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

EXPERTS are switching actress predictions like us queers, nobody can predic who is winning

Frances has gain another vote LMAO

Profile picture
    Delilah
    Topics:

McDormand, third win on three nominations? Gimme a break; it took Katharine Hepburn ELEVEN nominations to get three wins. (12 total with four wins, same as Diane Warren who’s been shut out so far; I currently have her slated to finally win BOS but that’s the ONE category I’m iffy on right now as I’m currently feeling H.E.R. more than Laura Pausini.) I’ll say it before, I’ll say it again: 1. VIOLA. ALL. ALONG!!! 2. If it’s NOT Viola or Andra, expect #OscarsSoWhite With A Vengeance (wouldn’t it be funny if Bruce Willis makes a cameo there?), with JHud certain to win next year & take BOTH of Viola’s superlatives (second Black Best Actress *AND* first Black female multiple Oscar winner).

McDormand has seven Oscar noms, six for acting and one for producing. IIRC she is the only actress to have acting nominations across five consecutive decades… and counting.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

But, I’m tired of black actors just being nominated for roles in movies that are either stage adaptations or biopics. I mean, where are the interesting roles? Its infuriating why more complex, well written parts aren’t being written for black actors because of which many are stuck to biopics.. 

I couldn’t agree with this more, and I would extend the thought to include a need for more complex, well written parts for all POC, and for all women.  I’m very cautiously hopeful that as more Black and POC and female writers and directors and producers are able to secure funding for their projects, a wider range of stories will be told, and more interesting, complex parts for Black, POC and female actors will be created.  The question of whether AMPAS members will be willing to honor them with nominations and awards is another matter….

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Why when y’all bring up points for Mulligan winning y’all use a hypothetical bafta win for which she wasn’t even a nominee if you can see situations that didn’t happened who’s winning best actress next week 😭?
    Some of y’all need to be fortune tellers at this point.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

So Clayton “the circuit” puts Viola number 1 so she could think he has her number 1 and as soon as the interview ends he switches to McDormand. lmao.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I’m fine if we don’t get a black actress this year hopefully Keke Palmer becomes a front runner for her Jordan peele movie if the studio wants to push it for award season.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I got a Carey Mulligan Good Morning America Twitter interview ad this morning that was apparently sponsored by Verizon? Lol

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Skies
    Topics:

I got a Carey Mulligan Good Morning America Twitter interview ad this morning that was apparently sponsored by Verizon? Lol

I’ve been seeing Maria Bakalova’s GMA interview show up on my timeline as well, also sponsored by Verizon

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As you should

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.