Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Not to mention Frances McDormand plays such a great neurotic mother role in ALMOST FAMOUS that is certainly nothing like Mildred Hayes or Fern or Marge.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Or Olive Kitteridge. The “always plays herself” is such a lazy claim

She gave her career best performance on that show. One of my favourite on television ever. So emotionally powerful.

One of the most deserving Emmy wins ever too.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

You all should talk about Olive Kitteridge more, it’s a shame ir didn’t get the BLL or Watchmen track from the public, Frances gave her best performance there.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’ve thought about what I am going to do, and I’m going to predict either Carey or Frances. Carey because I do think the British block is behind her and I think she could still pull it off in the end because of the passion for her performance. Frances because she could coattail off the Best Picture haul and there are people who do think she is in the league of someone like Meryl Streep or Katharine Hepburn. Plus, I’m switching to The Father in Adapted Screenplay, so it would make sense for Frances to win if Nomadland wins four Oscars instead of three including Best Picture. I’m not counting out Viola or Andra for that matter, but my gut is telling me it’s either Carey or Frances. I still don’t know which one I lean more towards.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

You all should talk about Olive Kitteridge more, it’s a shame ir didn’t get the BLL or Watchmen track from the public, Frances gave her best performance there.

She swept everywhere for that project except the Globes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This was before peak TV really kicked off and Watchmen appealed to the zeitgeist partly due to being based on a iconic comic book and Big Little Lies starred some of the most crowd pleasing and beloved Hollywood stars and had a novelty at the time because A list led limited series were still scarce. Both also were timely.

That’s partly what I like about Olive Kitteridge (which I unfortunately only saw just last year). It was very nuanced and original in its storytelling (not to say BLL and Watchmen weren’t) without necessarily having to be very flashy in its appeal.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Marge Gunderson, Mildred Hayes and Fern have nothing in common. These three alone already show her range

The characters have nothing in common. The performances are similar. She doesn’t disappear in the character.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The characters have nothing in common. The performances are similar. She doesn’t disappear in the character.

These three performances are nothing similar at all. If you didn’t like them you can just say that, but they’re nothing similar

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

No, they’re not.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

These three performances are nothing similar at all. If you didn’t like them you can just say that, but they’re nothing similar

I wasn’t very much a fan of her work in Nomadland, but she was amazing in Fargo and very good in 3BB.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She swept everywhere for that project except the Globes.

Yeah, I meant for the public
    Right now emmy season and everything is always talked about, even the smaller ones like I May Destroy You for example. There are more people covering TV Minisseries, back then not that much.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

I don’t think Viola will win now. I’m thinking about it, and I can’t see a world where enough people don’t vote for Chadwick yet vote for Viola. There’s probably some people who would do that for sure, but I can’t see a world where it happens. Most of the buzz and acclaim went to Chadwick.

And since I don’t think Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom will be the film to have Lead Actor and Lead Actress, I think this is down to Carey and Frances.

Movie-lover overall.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Personally I preferred Davis’ performance to Boseman’s in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (and I did like Boseman’s quite a bit). Davis was very nuanced with her portrayal.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not Viola posting about her iconic snot acting scenes on IG 💀💀

she’s been on a fucking roll recently, she’s just hilarious

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way even launching on a not so widely used streaming service has stopped Promising Young Woman from being seen over here lol. Its been all over my personal social media timeline with friends watching it and its grown quite significantly in IMDB numbers since its release.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.