Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

She’s right though. People do feel the need to bring it up all the time😂

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

She’s right though. People do feel the need to bring it up all the time😂

“I see what y’all say about my snot. And I win hella awards for it”

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Viola when she wins at SAG for both The First Lady and Unforgiven

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Viola and Sandra Bullock in a movie together is going to be 🔥🔥 Does anyone know anything about the source material?

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Viola during next year’s awards season with <i>Unforgiven </i>and The First Lady

I can’t wait to see the first trailer for “Unforgiven” I think thats the final title! I can’t wait to see her and Sandra play together! I suspect great chemistry between those two!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Viola and Sandra Bullock in a movie together is going to be 🔥 Does anyone know anything about the source material?

Sandra’s role is incredibly baity. Not sure which role Davis has yet but if it’s faithful to the source material the plumes of a role shouldn’t be scarce for her.

If its ends up being a Best Picture contender I think both will get in but nonetheless I am very optimistic about Sandra’s chances here. Unless it’s completely panned I don’t see a scenario where she’s not in contention. She could be the Vanessa Kirby of this year and get in everywhere on the bait and strength of her performance.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh, I had no idea this had Oscar potential! Viola snagging a supporting nom before coming back for Oscar nom No. 6 for The Woman King would be awesome.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Viola and Sandra Bullock in a movie together is going to be 🔥🔥 Does anyone know anything about the source material?

You know I’m on it, sir. But unfortunately they haven’t provided ANY details about Vee’s character yet, but…

It’s based off the 2009 British mini-series, “Unforgiven”.
    Ruth Slater, a woman released from prison after serving a sentence for a violent crime and re-enters a society that refuses to forgive her past.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Oh, I had no idea this had Oscar potential! Viola snagging a supporting nom before coming back for Oscar nom No. 6 for The Woman King would be awesome.

Even if she doesn’t win this year she’ll win again soon with all these roles she’s eating up.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The screenplay is being written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nora Finscheidt (who directed System Crasher which is what gave Helena Zengel her break I guess haha) is directing.

Viola probably has the role played by Siobhan Finneran in the British miniseries which was quite a prominent role if I remember correctly (I saw it so long ago haha!)

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Sandra’s role is incredibly baity. Not sure which role Davis has yet but if it’s faithful to the source material the plumes of a role shouldn’t be scarce for her.

If its ends up being a Best Picture contender I think both will get in but nonetheless I am very optimistic about Sandra’s chances here. Unless it’s completely panned I don’t see a scenario where she’s not in contention. She could be the Vanessa Kirby of this year and get in everywhere on the bait and strength of her performance.

It does seem very baity, wolfali. They’ve shown a few pics of Sandra on set, and she’s de-glammed, and appeared to be giving it her all!

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/violadavis/status/1384324565921239042?s=20

Viola jokingly talking about how she had to do 23 takes of snot tears for Fences is adorable. What a great performance that was.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

23 takes for that scene… ☠☠☠

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

23 takes for that scene… ☠☠☠

I just know that poor nose was TIRED chile. Who even has enough tears and snot for all of that ? Ffffff

But that shit paid in the end !

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Legend stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.