Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Paradoxymoron
    Topics:

I’m black so I can use it purrr.

I’m not sure that’s an excuse – particularly when used in a derogatory manner. It is similar to people who call my mother-in-law “oreo” or “coconut” because she married a white man.

I may disagree with that user, but there is no excuse for anybody to use racist slurs because of that disagreement

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Mulligan stans are annoying someone said she has the wig vote like Andra and Viola were not wearing wigs in there movie also the bias on golderby 😐.

mulligan has permanent nail polish lovers’ vote too

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Mulligan stans are annoying someone said she has the wig vote like Andra and Viola were not wearing wigs in there movie also the bias on golderby 😐.

Those always whining about the ‘MuLliGaN sTanS’ are way more annoying.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

y’all seen this? https://variety.com/2021/film/news/hfpa-former-president-black-lives-matter-movement-1234955360/ The HFPA president called the Black Lives Matter movement a racial hate organization. I think the Academy is aiming to separate themselves more from that group of people so our winners at the Oscars will reflect that separation. I have never seen the Globes criticized this much to this extent so I am going to assume the Globe wins will not produce any significant bearings on the race as in previous years. So bye bye Andra Day and Chicago 7 in Original Screenplay.

Once again HFPA shows why their trash.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Topics:

y’all seen this? https://variety.com/2021/film/news/hfpa-former-president-black-lives-matter-movement-1234955360/ The HFPA president called the Black Lives Matter movement a racial hate organization. I think the Academy is aiming to separate themselves more from that group of people so our winners at the Oscars will reflect that separation. I have never seen the Globes criticized this much to this extent so I am going to assume the Globe wins will not produce any significant bearings on the race as in previous years. So bye bye Andra Day and Chicago 7 in Original Screenplay.

the academy headquarters might want to separate themselves from the globes and hfpa but they are not the ones deciding the winners. every member votes for whose performance they liked the most, who or what they like the most. and i don’t think members are that aware of the controversy surrounding hfpa rn as we are here

Profile picture
    Topics:

Once again HFPA shows why their trash.

they’re*

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

y’all seen this? https://variety.com/2021/film/news/hfpa-former-president-black-lives-matter-movement-1234955360/ The HFPA president called the Black Lives Matter movement a racial hate organization.  

YIKES.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Those always whining about the ‘MuLliGaN sTanS’ are way more annoying.

Did you not catch the sarcasm? schools need to be opened ASAP cause education is needed badly 😭.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

mulligan has permanent nail polish lovers’ vote too

Dam a lot of people use nail polish mulligans winning good point.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Lmao

😂😂😂😂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In fact, I think I feel like somewhat of an outlier because I’m still predicting her to win.

I keep switching between predicting Mulligan and Davis lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I think Mulligan can take the Independent Spirit Award but will still lose the Oscar to Davis.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Mulligan can take the Independent Spirit Award but will still lose the Oscar to Davis.

I highly doubt these two groups have much crossover lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luis Manuel Cabrera
    Topics:

Congrats to Gold Derby Film Awards Best Actress Winner Carey Mulligan.

Profile picture
    Yalitza
    Topics:

¡Hola, mis maravillosos amigos de GoldDerby! Si solo pudiera expresar la gratitud que siento por todo su apoyo estos últimos años después de mi avance en la película ganadora de Oscar, ‘Roma’. Una vez más me gustaría venir aquí y, si me lo permiten, para promover mi nueva película titulada ‘Presencias’, para la que contaré el próximo año una vez más en la prestigiosa categoría de mejor actriz de los Oscars, junto con mi película en la categoría de mejor película internacional. Yo y mis compañeros de elenco y tripulación hemos vertido nuestro alma en este proyecto. En nombre de ellos, les pido que consideren nuestra película y les prometo, no se decepcionarán. ¡Gracias una vez más por su apoyo y aprecio sin fin, GoldDerby! Es un honor.

¡Deseándolas a todas las nominadas de la categoría de mejor actriz de este año la mejor suerte!
    Amor,
    Yal.

Hello, my wonderful friends of GoldDerby! If only I could express the gratitude that I feel for all your support these past few years following my breakthrough in Oscar©-winning film, ‘Roma’. Once again I would like to come on here and, if you allow me, to promote my new movie titled ‘Presences’, for which I will be contending next year once more in the prestigious Best Actress Oscars category, alongside my film in the Best International Feature Film category. Me and my cast and crew mates have poured our soul into this project. On behalf of them, I ask you to consider our film and I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Thank you yet again for your endless support and appreciation, GoldDerby! I am honored.

Wishing all the nominees of this year’s Best Actress category the best of luck!
    With love,
    Yal.

Academy Award© Nominee

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.