Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Yeah, I meant for the public
    Right now emmy season and everything is always talked about, even the smaller ones like I May Destroy You for example. There are more people covering TV Minisseries, back then not that much.

McDormand’s vehicles typically have niche appeal. So I wouldn’t expect social media to give it the same attention they did Bessie which also came out that year.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

¡Hola, mis maravillosos amigos de GoldDerby! Si solo pudiera expresar la gratitud que siento por todo su apoyo estos últimos años después de mi avance en la película ganadora de Oscar, ‘Roma’. Una vez más me gustaría venir aquí y, si me lo permiten, para promover mi nueva película titulada ‘Presencias’, para la que contaré el próximo año una vez más en la prestigiosa categoría de mejor actriz Oscars, junto con mi película en la categoría de mejor película Internacional. Yo y mis compañeros de elenco y tripulación hemos vertido nuestro alma en este proyecto. En nombre de ellos, les pido que consideren nuestra película y les prometo, no se decepcionarán. ¡Gracias una vez más por su apoyo y aprecio sin fin, GoldDerby! Es un honor. ¡Deseándoles a todos los nominados de la categoría de mejor actriz de este año la mejor suerte! Amor, Yal. Hello, my wonderful friends of GoldDerby! If only I could express the gratitude that I feel for all your support these past few years following my breakthrough in Oscar©-winning film, ‘Roma’. Once again I would like to come on here and, if you allow me, to promote my new movie titled ‘Presences’, for which I will be contending next year once more in the prestigious Best Actress Oscars category, alongside my film in the Best International Feature Film category. Me and my cast and crew mates have poured our soul into this project. On behalf of them, I ask you to consider our film and I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Thank you yet again for your endless support and appreciation, GoldDerby! I am honored. Wishing all the nominees of this year’s Best Actress category the best of luck! With love, Yal.

Hey queen

We’re getting you that 2nd Oscar nom next year. Period

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Is that even her? 💀 Not us panicking.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Is that even her? 💀 Not us panicking.

Ffff

Yalitza is too busy planning her next Hollywood domination to post in here. A booked and busy queen

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

EXPERTS Update

#1 Mulligan 12 +1 (Eric Davis from Fandango)

#2 Viola 8

#3 Day 5

#4 Frances 2

#5 Kirby 0

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

Carey getting the Gold Derby votes at the Oscars, it’s what she deserves.

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

Carey getting the Gold Derby votes at the Oscars, it’s what she deserves.

Wait, Gold Derby vote counts towards the Oscar?

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/hollywood-foreign-press-expells-phil-berk-email-1234740447/

They kicked him out but… but like at least half of the hfpa filled with that kind of people how long they can keep acting like this is like a small bump and not something extremely problematic

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Wish they’d end the Globes. Or start ignoring them at least. Even the MTV awards are a fairer process.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

lupita and Viola the acting is about to be fire in this movie awards for everyone.

Lupita pulled out of The Woman King.

FYC:

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    Topics:

Wish they’d end the Globes. Or start ignoring them at least. Even the MTV awards are a fairer process.

you can’t just end the globes they’re legendary but maybe they can be given by some other association instead of hfpa…

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

you can’t just end the globes they’re legendary but maybe they can be given by some other association instead of hfpa…

I don’t care how legendary they are. Nobody needs to give any credence to the opinions of a bunch of elitist racist corrupt “journalists”. They are a cancer on the industry.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:

I don’t care how legendary they are. Nobody needs to give any credence to the opinions of a bunch of elitist racist corrupt “journalists”. They are a cancer on the industry.

you’re missing the entire point of my reply. i am saying they don’t need to be given by hfpa but some other organisation. but you can’t just get rid of globes because of the organisation that is giving them is corrupt so change the organisation

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/anonymous-oscar-ballot-director-1234631409/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Another vote for Carey and another voter accusing Viola of category fraud.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Andra Day is tanking with these anonymous ballots. She only got 1 vote so far. I’m tempted to remove her from my predictions.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.