Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yikes.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This political correctness and need to give everything to POC is absurd. Sasha Stone has had jungle fever for years. So what there is only 1 black best actress winner. Is there a quota to fill? I voted for Mulligan, Hopkins, Cohen, and Yu-Jung. Nomadland is overrated and I voted against it across the board.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

This political correctness and need to give everything to POC is absurd. Sasha Stone has had jungle fever for years. So what there is only 1 black best actress winner. Is there a quota to fill? I voted for Mulligan, Hopkins, Cohen, and Yu-Jung. Nomadland is overrated and I voted against it across the board.

The fact that you’re bringing up Sasha Stone is VERY concerning

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

wow I will pretend I never read that

also spell her name right it is Yuh-jung Youn

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

What is a Sasha Stone?

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

Next Sunday we will all be n the edges of our seat for this one. The most interesting category and most unpredictable one. Get it over with AMPAS. thank u, next.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I think this voters choices are totally valid and better than who I suspect will be the winners in 3 of the 6 categories. My votes would go to Sound of Metal, Chung, Kirby, Ahmed, Cohen and Colman – those are valid choices too. I understand what the point is – if a person of color is the performance you would vote for because you think that’s the best performance (an example: Regina King was my first choice for If Beale Street Could Talk) then great but nobody should feel they have to do so. While I would vote for Colman I will be thrilled when Youn wins. If Cohen doesn’t win I would be thrilled for Leslie Odom, Jr. to win. I just happened to put someone else in first place out of these five nominees this year.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, you are missing the entire point. If you don’t see the problem with the way this supposed voter phrased his/her/their text, well…

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Well, you are missing the entire point. If you don’t see the problem with the way this supposed voter phrased his/her/their text, well…

Pretty sure this person is not a member lol 🙂

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

What is a Sasha Stone?

The less you know about her, the better.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Next Sunday we will all be n the edges of our seat for this one. The most interesting category and most unpredictable one. Get it over with AMPAS. thank u, next.

How is this the most “unpredictable” category? It’s Viola, then (very distantly) Andra and Frances as the spoiler if they really want to give her an undeserved 3rd in acting. This is in the same level of predictability than Supporting Actress. The dust has settled.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

How is this the most “unpredictable” category? It’s Viola, then (very distantly) Andra and Frances as the spoiler if they really want to give her an undeserved 3rd in acting. This is in the same level of predictability than Supporting Actress. The dust has settled.

lol what’s next? Carey is 5th to win?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

How can you prove the race is over? Everyone has won a major precursor except Kirby. There’s a lot of ways this can go

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Nothing has happened within the last week to change the fact that four different people won precursors and all four still have a very good shot at winning.  BTW, while I think that many of the predictions haven’t been updated recently, and I strongly disagree with the site’s general consensus, at Gold Derby, Carey STILL has over 1200 more votes than all four other nominees combined-last I checked, there’s 3334 for Carey, and 2128 for everybody else, (with Viola having 968 of those 2128 votes).  I don’t see your basis for concluding that the dust has settled.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Sasha Stone in a recent article said Parasite won best SAG ensemble because voters wanted to make themselves feel good for not rewarding a white ensemble film. Like that standing ovation was not an indication the film got an overwhelmingly majority of votes.

Don’t bring her up. Bye.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.