Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Aged like milk when Trial won at ACE and a no1currr film like Palm Springs won over Pissing Young Woman. Trial of Chicago 7 is the runner-up.

Are you still here?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Yeah, Trial losing WGA isn’t great. SAG and ACE isn’t really enough.

But yeah, this really is the Emerald Fennell show now.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Aged like milk when…(for editing) a no1currr film like Palm Springs won over Pissing Young Woman.

That’s likely at least partly due to the fact that Promising Young Woman’s editor, Frédéric Thoraval, who is French, is not a member of ACE (American Cinema Editors), while Palm Beach’s editor, Matthew Friedman, IS an ACE member.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Alright… I guess it’s time to stop making excuses and change my prediction. The only thing is, who do I change it to?

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

The lack of SAG ensemble nomination for Promising Young was the final deathblow to Mulligan. They did not like how Mulligan interacts with her male costars because she is threatening or humiliating them. This is not a one man show like Joaquin Phoenix in Joker. SAG knew what they were doing by snubbing Promising

here comes the joker fan…

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

The lack of SAG ensemble nomination for Promising Young was the final deathblow to Mulligan. They did not like how Mulligan interacts with her male costars because she is threatening or humiliating them. This is not a one man show like Joaquin Phoenix in Joker. SAG knew what they were doing by snubbing Promising

You offer this up as fact when there are plenty of other very likely reasons it missed a nom. For one, aside from Mulligan and Burnham, the other performances in the film are cameos. Also, one very literal definition of the word “ensemble” says that performers perform together. This is not the case for PYW, in which Mulligan has myriad one-on-one scenes with the other actors. And this definition applies to all of the nominated films.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Topics:

Alright… I guess it’s time to stop making excuses and change my prediction. The only thing is, who do I change it to?

i mean to me viola is the most reasonable one but who knows at this point

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I can’t believe people are changing their Best Actress predictions because of… ACE.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I think it matters also, and I agree that Viola might currently be leading, but please bear in mind that (1) Viola has previously won a SAG and NOT gone on to win the Oscar that year, (2) actors make up only 14% of the AMPAS voters and due to (1) there’s reason to believe that Viola is more popular with actors than non-actor AMPAS Academy members, and (3) we have no idea how close the SAG vote was— it’s possible that Viola defeated other nominees by a relatively small margin. Also, a not insignificant percentage of British and Australian actors who are AMPAS members are not SAG members, so to the extent that a majority of them vote for Carey or Vanessa, (which is unclear), then Viola might not win as high a percentage of the votes of the actors who are AMPAS members as most people currently expect. I am NOT saying that Viola won’t win; I’m only saying that it is still too close and uncertain to know with any degree of confidence who is currently leading, let alone who will win.

Reasonable points. I am ready to not be disappointed next Sunday. That BAFTA snub was like a stabbing to Carey’s path. SAG was the funeral. Well, that’s life.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Don’t quote the troll, please. Ignoring does not work its charm if he’s all around lol

Profile picture
    Topics:

Yes I stan the should have been Best Picture winner. Joaqin Phoenix delivered a performance that made a billion dollars and will be remembered for ages while Mulligan’s will exist in the Film Twitter bubble.

should’ve been best picture winner.you are aware that parasite won the best picture last year, one of the finest films ever made, right?.. i mean I was already questioning your taste but this is literally the final blow. go clown somewhere else darling

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Join the Viola prediction train!

SAG winner, transformative performance, beloved Veteran actress, black trailblazer, and most likely to be 2 time Oscar winner because it just makes sense.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I still hesitate with Viola because I still doubt Ma Rainey’s will win 4/5 of its categories

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Topics:

I still hesitate with Viola because I still doubt Ma Rainey’s will win 4/5 of its categories

i am too bold about this but I jumped on the hopkins train very willingly after the baftas. so 3/5 imo

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I feel lonely in the Andra Day prediction train.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.