Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 500 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

And Parasite’s editor that no one knows about was an ACE member? No he was not.

Actually, Jinmo Yang IS an ACE member; American citizenship is not an ACE membership requirement.

Also, unlike PYW, Palm Springs wasn’t nominated for an Academy Award.

And which Guild is it that doesn’t like Promising Young Woman? The WGA which gave Emerald Fennell its Original Screenplay Award over Aaron Sorkin for Trial?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

i am too bold about this but I jumped on the hopkins train very willingly after the baftas. so 3/5 imo

I don’t know if I can see Boseman losing. I mean, it’s not impossible, but I just don’t know if I see it.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Explain why Once Upon a Time in Hollywood got nominated then for glorified cameos. Even then Bo Burnham could have easily replaced Leto when Amy Adams in Hillbilly got nominated.

Erm, a cast full of A-listers in a movie directed by Quentin Tarantino?!

Also, Bo doesn’t have the type of performance SAG goes for nor is he a big name. Leto is a previsous SAG/Oscar winner playing a serial killer. Bo was playing the cute boyfriend.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yes, PYW tanked at the ACEs today but it still got nominated at the Oscars. And over movies like Minari and Mank. Also, the editing in PYW isn’t flashy until the last minutes of the movie. The editing in Palm Springs is crucial and plays a big deal in its development. This is a year were stats are all being broken, so I wouldn’t take this THAT seriously.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I feel like saying “fuck it” and going with McDormand. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I guess I better prepare for Maestro to be Carey’s Oscar winning role.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    A G Wooding
    Topics:

I feel lonely in the Andra Day prediction train.

Joyce Eng and Christopher Rosen have just boarded by the sound of their recent article so you’re definitely not alone. Andra Day is this year’s wildcard and definitely deserving of people’s prediction.

It’s not feeling particularly crowded on the Viola train tbh but I’m here to stay

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I am sorry but at this point, PYW shouldn’t be losing awards to D5B or Palm Springs.

Its guild performance is somewhat worrying for its Oscar chances.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Yes, PYW tanked at the ACEs today but it still got nominated at the Oscars. And over movies like Minari and Mank. Also, the editing in PYW isn’t flashy until the last minutes of the movie. The editing in Palm Springs is crucial and plays a big deal in its development. This is a year were stats are all being broken, so I wouldn’t take this THAT seriously.

Don’t give me hope…

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

These excuses are tiring. I’m ready for the Mulligan loser breakdowns on the 25.

Imagine how tired we all are of reading your essays.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Don’t give me hope…

Well, I’ll more than likely drop Carey but like…the overreactions in here are really something else.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I didn’t follow the race nearly as closely back then, but PYW’s campaign is reminding me of TSOW where Del Toro was the face of the campaign and Sally Hawkins got the short end of the stick even though her performance was baitty enough that she could’ve won. Fennell is the face of the campaign, not Mulligan. I think that matters

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I can’t believe people are changing their Best Actress predictions because of… ACE.

It’s not even just because of ACE, it’s about the film’s strength. Think about it, every time PYW is predicted somewhere outside Screenplay (and costumes guild), it ends up losing to something everyone considers filler. Andra Day at GG -> Viola Davis at SAG -> Birds of Prey in the Make Up Guild -> D5B in the PD guild -> and now Paln Springs at ACE. This doesn’t signify strong strength to the point where it wins TWO Oscars because almost all those wins should’ve been EASY. It’s inexcusable, period. It’s almost safe to say it will end up winning Screenplay only unless Trial somehow comes through because SAG + ACE is a dangerous combo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 is not winning Best Picture after having lost WGA and PGA. Those losses should have been easy if it was such a “juggernaut” as it fans keep implying.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I personally think this is one of the best years for Best Actress. It’s not the most deserving batch of nominees ever, but the predictability is certainly not there and I am here for it until the envelope is opened.

The Oscars have suffered too much from predictability, so I’m glad that this particular category is shaping up to be the most anticipated of the evening.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I see its fans are back again. The<i> Trial of the Chicago 7 </i>is not winning Best Picture after having lost WGA and PGA.

Um… If you mean me, I do not stan Trial at all, my previous predictions (like SAG) with it look wonky because I havent updated since late January where it was the frontrunner in some places.

I stan PYW outqualifers like Nomadland and Minari only baby!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.