Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 535 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Oracle?

Same “oracle” that went 1/4 in acting categories last year

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Is it bad if I believe in 2019 the best was Melissa McCarthy?

I was shook after watching her movie

Even though I preferred Colman, I thought McCarthy was great and a strong second place. Had she somehow pulled it off, I definitely would’ve supported that.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Same “oracle” that went 1/4 in acting categories last year

The way they’re about to go three years in a row without nominating the Best Supporting Actress winner. The shite track record.

Profile picture
    TheBrainBug
    Topics:

Yep. Haven’t seen a single one so far that voted for her, but have seen a few discuss how they liked her performance but the movie was bad. If the movie had been more consistent she may have had a better shot. Either way she’ll get some interesting projects out of it that could maybe eventually get her a win.

Feinberg has an anonymous ballot coming out with a voter going for Kirby.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was legit just thinking about a scenario where she won and the whole thread went nuts Meanwhile wolfali Van is completely absent from these ballots though, for what it’s worth

Lol.

I quite literally feel like Cersei in this scenario because I won’t watch the Oscars live or watch live Gold Derby reaction for them lmfao.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Well, suffice it to say, we’ve never had an actress of color be provided a role like Fern in Nomadland. So, it’s a little hard to make that determination just yet..

Well, when you say “provided,” I think it’s significant that this was an independent film that McDormand produced. She also produced Olive Kitteridge for herself before other leading actresses such as Reece Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchette were producing TV miniseries for themselves. McDormand deserves a great deal of credit for producing great female roles, and hopefully, in the future, leading Black and POC actresses such as Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Awkwafina, etc. will also produce projects.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The way they’re about to go three years in a row without nominating the Best Supporting Actress winner. The shite track record.

Their 2018 supporting actress noms where Adams was the only one to make it to the Oscars 💀

Same “oracle” that will by default always give the win to their golden aussie girls Kidman, Robbie and Blanchett. Yeah no, they’re not it

FYC

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Their 2018 supporting actress noms where Adams was the only one to make it to the Oscars 💀 Same “oracle” that will by default always give the win to their golden aussie girls Kidman, Robbie and Blanchett. Yeah no, they’re not it

Kinda surprised they left Collette out of the line up though. Thought she was a lock for the nom.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

hopefully, in the future, leading Black and POC actresses such as Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Awkwafina, etc. will also produce projects.

You mean be given the opportunity to produce too. Let’s not pretend like the white gals don’t have it easier.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The way no experts are switching to Day. My score will tank so hard.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Kinda surprised they left Collette out of the line up though. Thought she was a lock for the nom.

I just saw she actually won 5 AACTAs. The industry really did NOT fuck with Hereditary at all, literally everyone ignored it 💀

FYC

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I just saw she actually won 5 AACTAs. The industry really did NOT fuck with Hereditary at all, literally everyone ignored it 💀

I meant for I’m Thinking of Ending of Things. She actually got nominated for Hereditary (as she should).

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Is it bad if I believe in 2019 the best was Melissa McCarthy? I was shook after watching her movie

You mean to say you didn’t watch the Queen’s movie? I’m talking about A Star Is Born

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I meant for I’m Thinking of Ending of Things. She actually got nominated for Hereditary (as she should).

I totally forgot about that movie ffff

They’re a mess but I just saw they actually nominated Swankie in Nomadland and I like that

FYC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.