Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 535 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Their 2018 supporting actress noms where Adams was the only one to make it to the Oscars 💀 Same “oracle” that will by default always give the win to their golden aussie girls Kidman, Robbie and Blanchett. Yeah no, they’re not it

Same oracle that only managed to nominate sasha baron cohen from supporting actor. that awards show could very well go 1 for 4 in acting awards

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I hate when people use AACTA as a metric of the organization deciding competitive races. Olivia Colman won for The Favourite there but the ceremony took place before the Globes which basically kickstarted Glenn Close’s award season run. Sylvester Stallone was not even nominated at AACTA the year Rylance won. Their track record is too spotty with the amount of egregious snubs they have done in the past.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

You mean be given the opportunity to produce too. Let’s not pretend like the white gals don’t have it easier.

In general, absolutely, but there’s little doubt that leading Black and POC actresses such as the ones I’ve named, and others such as Lupita Nyong’o, Kerry Washington, Octavia Spencer, Regina King, etc., are now in a position to get production deals if that is what they want. OF COURSE there are many, many, many more white actresses in this position than Black and POC actresses, just as there are many more male than female actors in this position.

My point is that Frances McDormand is a 63 year old woman and at this point in her career, she has taken a pro-active role in finding great parts for herself. I strongly doubt that she is being “provided” or offered by others nearly as many great parts as Lupita or Margot Robbie or Saoirse Ronan or Scarlett Johansson or Keke Palmer or other younger actresses.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

In general, absolutely, but there’s little doubt that leading Black and POC actresses such as the ones I’ve named, and others such as Lupita Nyong’o, Kerry Washington, Octavia Spencer, Regina King, etc., are now in a position to get production deals if that is what they want. OF COURSE there are many, many, many more white actresses in this position than Black and POC actresses, just as there are many more male than female actors in this position. My point is that Frances McDormand is a 63 year old woman and at this point in her career, she has taken a pro-active role in finding great parts for herself. I strongly doubt that she is being “provided” or offered by others nearly as many great parts as Lupita or Margot Robbie or Saoirse Ronan or Scarlett Johansson or Keke Palmer or other younger actresses.

She’s married to one of the best directors working today, who literally created a movie for her cuz she wated to do macbeth. Honestly of the actresses mentioned, Margot and Scarlett are getting great parts, the others not so much

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Fellow Derbimites, Im on a delta flight and the first movie that pops up (as well it being the Spotlight screensaver) is Promising Young Woman. Hit.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Experts updating again

#1 Viola 11
    #2 Carey 10

Switching for the first time

https://www.kingofreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/IMG_0170.gif

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fellow Derbimites, Im on a delta flight and the first movie that pops up (as well it being the Spotlight screensaver) is Promising Young Woman. Hit.

Emerald Fennell world domination.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

didnt know that emerald was fergie

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

didnt know that emerald was fergie

*Camilla

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

You mean to say you didn’t watch the Queen’s movie? I’m talking about A Star Is Born

Cringe

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

She’s married to one of the best directors working today, who literally created a movie for her cuz she wated to do macbeth. Honestly of the actresses mentioned, Margot and Scarlett are getting great parts, the others not so much

Lupita is getting so many potentially great offers that she’s pulled out of Woman King with Viola. And it’s more than a bit sexist to say that Joel Coen “created a movie for her because she wanted to do Macbeth.” She’s an experienced, and tremendously successful producer who jointly created a role for herself with Joel Coen, a great director to whom she is married.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The shade.

Hun, I actually was glad to see Andra come through with that upset after the hate she received from the Mulligan and Davis stans.

It was pure Karma.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Cringe

We shouldn’t be fighting. I’ve missed you. Besides, the Queen is coming up next season. I personally can’t wait for another classy season unlike the mess we have this year

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see Gaga winning another trophy made of air!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Besides, the Queen is coming up next season.

Yes! Frances Mcdormand is coming for another lead actress trophy with The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.