Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How dare Vanity Fair make a “Best Mulligan Performance ranking” and fail to mention her career best performance in Wildlife?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2021/04/carey-mulligan-oscars-career-roles-promising-young-woman

At least they mentioned Sally Sparrow.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see Gaga winning another trophy made of air!

Not you hating on Stefani. HoG is basically Oscar scene after Oscar scene. Underestimate her all you want. You guys still haven’t learnt your lessons

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Yes! Frances Mcdormand is coming for another lead actress trophy with The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Not a fan. McDormand has no range. She seems nice and gives entertaining speeches (the sole reason her sweep wasn’t boring), but the woman seems to be playing different variations of same character. Same mannerisms and all. She’s not like Streep who plays diverse characters

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You guys still haven’t learnt your lessons

But we have darling!

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I like her but y’all remember that awkward time when Gaga won the Globe for AHS… she bumps into Leonardo and some fan in the crowd yells “wOrK gAgA” right before she gives her nervous speech lmao

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love Gaga but she’s probably never winning Best Actress. The academy is snobbish and she’s no Cher.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Not a fan. McDormand has no range. She seems nice and gives entertaining speeches (the sole reason her sweep wasn’t boring), but the woman seems to be playing different variations of same character. Same mannerisms and all. She’s not like Streep who plays diverse characters

This. McDormand is McDormand in all her movies just like Davis is always Davis. They can emote but they don’t have the talent to actually become different people like Theron, Blanchett and Marion Cotillard.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I hope Sunday is also the end of Victor Cruz’s comments. Without Davis, he’s gonna be so lost.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I hope Sunday is also the end of Victor Cruz’s comments. Without Davis, he’s gonna be so lost.

Hun, I will miss you dearly after Sunday.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I have to disagree, and if you think this you probably haven’t seen many of her performances. I also don’t really understand how this is much of a criticism anyway? Who cares if these days she likes to play a certain “type” of character (which I really don’t think she does) because at the end of the day she’s proven time and again her range and how talented she is. Also Lady Macbeth is nothing like Fern from Nomadland so hopefully that will help dismiss the idea some of you have about her this upcoming award season.

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Fern’s mannerisms are completely different than Mildred in Billboards.. If you want to compare how she plays maternal characters—the way she portrays Mildred is much different than how she plays the mother in Almost Famous.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I really wish Sunday would simply come already. We have since declined into regurgitative non-points in the fruitless interests of trying to predict this everlastingly long season. I’m so ready to talk about the 2022 Oscars.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I love Gaga but she’s probably never winning Best Actress. The academy is snobbish and she’s no Cher.

It’s happening. Gaga will certainly win best actress. A Time will come when the HFPA would anoint her again and make her the unbeatable frontrunner even without racist BAFTA. Ever since SAG joined forces with AFTRA, they’ve been wanting to reward a singer in lead. Gaga is on the right track.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Hillbilly Elegy was basically Oscar scene after Oscar scene. Oscar-bait has become synonymous with desperately bad.

Not in this case. There are levels to these things. All you need to do is trust me. My sources and instincts are never wrong

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.