Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

As much as I want Carey to win it would be funny to see her lose because her stans have been absolutely unbearable all season long.

Untrue. You do know the difference between false accounts with the sole purpose to start up shit (Kord Inc.) and legit users? Once again, wishing someone loses to see supposed “toxic behavior” end is, surprise surprise, toxic behavior. In all honesty, people rooting for Carey have been super decent. It just happens that probably more people stopped by to show their support.
    The exception is Victor who just jinxed the whole thing.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I still don’t know how I feel about Clayton Davis as an Oscar pundit. Does he just make things up or is he good?

He gets dragged a lot (some insane events of the past) so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Kind of tempted to switch to Frances. She feels like the default winner in this fractured field since everyone has so much going against them.

Carey lost both GG and SAG and so predicting her feels like wishful thinking. Viola’s movie bombed here missing both Picture and Screenplay. Andra’s movie was panned and no one cares about it. Missing the BAFTA longlist and SAG (albeit screener issues apparently) definitely doesn’t help her case. Her movie still might be under-seen. She could just be a Globe thing. Kirby is just a spectator here.

The only thing Frances has going against her is she’s already a 2x Oscar winner, but do voters really care about that? These anonymous ballots kinda of make it seem like they don’t since she’s still getting a ton of votes. Her film is literally winning the top prize of the night too.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Untrue. You do know the difference between false accounts with the sole purpose to start up shit (Kord Inc.) and legit users? Once again, wishing someone loses to see supposed “toxic behavior” end is, surprise surprise, toxic behavior. In all honesty, people rooting for Carey have been super decent. It just happens that probably more people stopped by to show their support. The exception is Victor who just jinxed the whole thing.

It’s not only on here though Twitter is really toxic as well.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Untrue. You do know the difference between false accounts with the sole purpose to start up shit (Kord Inc.) and legit users? Once again, wishing someone loses to see supposed “toxic behavior” end is, surprise surprise, toxic behavior. In all honesty, people rooting for Carey have been super decent. It just happens that probably more people stopped by to show their support.
    The exception is Victor who just jinxed the whole thing.

I’m not even being shady

He gets dragged a lot (some insane events of the past) so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

In all honestly i respectfully disagree with this non troll mulligan fans said Andra won the globe just cause she was black.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Oh no. I saw a couple of tweets where people were praising of Cassie more like a Halloween costume than a memorable movie character. And I was done. It couldn’t be more basic.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Yeah, I don’t have an issue with this site but the twitter stanbase is… weird. Like super weird.

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Frances seems to actively not want the Oscar. She didn’t do any heavy campaigning this whole season and unlike Hopkins who did one on one interviews before nominations and just recently appeared in the Colbert show, Frances has been absent in every interview or press unless she is doing it with Chloe or her Nomadland producers.

Of course voters will still vote for her no matter what evident by the handful of secret ballots. And it’s not like she would reject the Oscar if she did win. Anyways she would be a deserving queen regardless and I’m here for the Nomadland sweep!

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Frances obviously doesn’t want to win but her performance and movie are so powerful that it won’t even matter. She’s still my personal favorite this year

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Kind of tempted to switch to Frances. She feels like the default winner in this fractured field since everyone has so much going against them. Carey lost both GG and SAG and so predicting her feels like wishful thinking. Viola’s movie bombed here missing both Picture and Screenplay. Andra’s movie was panned and no one cares about it. Missing the BAFTA longlist and SAG (albeit screener issues apparently) definitely doesn’t help her case. Her movie still might be under-seen. She could just be a Globe thing. Kirby is just a spectator here. The only thing Frances has going against her is she’s already a 2x Oscar winner, but do voters really care about that? These anonymous ballots kinda of make it seem like they don’t since she’s still getting a ton of votes. Her film is literally winning the top prize of the night too.

Predicting Carey at this point is like when you want to meet your ex for that one magic bonus night thinking everything will turn out fine, but deep down you know you will end up crying in front of the TV hating men for being such pigs who fail to appreciate the flavor of being unique. Once again.
    Or maybe I’m just projecting some pandemic residual issues.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who I Want to Win:

Who I Am Predicting to Win:

She’s third in my predictions but she missed SAG and the BAFTA long-list:

Watch her win:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

because her stans have been absolutely unbearable all season long.

This is me with Day because of some of her stans who practically dub people as judases for not predicting her.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Does anyone else feeling they are jinxing who they are predicting? I feel I am going to get this category wrong no matter who I predict.

So I am sorry Viola fans if she loses on Sunday! She just makes the most sense in my head.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Does anyone else feeling they are jinxing who they are predicting? I feel I am going to get this category wrong no matter who I predict.

Good thing I am predicting Andra Day!

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Anything can happen Sunday. Yet it feels like Mulligan peaked too soon in the season. There was so much adoration, critical praise, and fan hype behind her performance that it seemed inevitable that she’d sweep. And then…reality struck. Losing Globe & SAG was probably the most damning indication that she might’ve been over estimated from the beginning.

Again, the race can literally go 4/5 (Kirby unfortunately has no shot). But I personally don’t feel the heat for Mulligan outside of stan & film Twitter.

I think McDormand, Davis, or Day will win.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.