Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 535 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Is anyone gonna change to the spirit award winner if it‘s Davis, McDormand or Mulligan? (and you‘re not already predicting them that is)

Nope. Half of Film Twitter votes for those. They’re irrelevant.

Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Is anyone gonna change to the spirit award winner if it‘s Davis, McDormand or Mulligan? (and you‘re not already predicting them that is)

If Viola Davis wins this, I’ll predict her for the Oscar

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

If Viola Davis wins this, I’ll predict her for the Oscar

I will bet $100 on her not winning. Maybe even $200. At Indie Spirits, of course.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

No. Oscars voting is done, and this isn’t a significant factor.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Sort of a twist on your question but if Mulligan DOESN’T win here, I might change from her to Davis regardless of who wins the Independent Spirit Award. My thinking is that if Carey can’t win among people who should be her core voters, I just don’t see how she can win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I don’t think Spirit Awards should be used to predict the Oscars but if Mulligan doesn’t win here, I’m definitely dropping her for the Oscar. If she can’t win when a good amount of her fanbase is voting, I don’t see how she prevails at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Final Oscar best actress winner predictions

will win CAREY MULLIGAN – promising young woman

Could win VIOLA DAVIS, ma rainey’s black bottom or ANDRA DAY, the united states vs. billie holiday

Dark horse FRANCES McDORMAND, nomadland

should win VANESSA KIRBY, pieces of a woman or CAREY MULLIGAN, promising young woman

Ranking based on pure-perfomance:

1. VANESSA KIRBY, pieces of a woman

2. CAREY MULLIGAN, promising young woman

3. FRANCES McDORMAND, nomadland

4. ANDRA DAY, the united states vs. billie holiday

5. VIOLA DAVIS, ma rainey’s black bottom

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Fair enough. But didn’t USvBH start screening in early January?

From earlier threads, I remember that only the HFPA received screeners for it in mid January. They sent screeners for SAG in late January, when voting was pretty advanced already.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I have to stop reading the secret Oscar ballots. They’re making me craz[ier]. The one from The Hollywood Reporter published this morning states “Carey [Mulligan] was excellent in Promising Young Woman, but not in a way that felt distinct from her other work.” WHAT??She’s NEVER previously given a performance like this one. I really do respect anyone who votes for Kirby but this take on Carey is incomprehensible.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Every time I tell myself I made a final prediction for this category I just burst out laughing. I simply cannot.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I have to stop reading the secret Oscar ballots. They’re making me craz[ier]. The one from The Hollywood Reporter published this morning states “Carey [Mulligan] was excellent in Promising Young Woman, but not in a way that felt distinct from her other work.” WHAT??She’s NEVER previously given a performance like this one. I really do respect anyone who votes for Kirby but this take on Carey is incomprehensible.

Finally a vote for Kirby 😂 poor girl wasn’t getting anything until now. But yeah, what an atrocious take on Carey. She literally never played a character like Cassie before.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

This lowkey is very historical we have never had a lead actress Oscar trophy being up for grabs between multiple actresses honestly fern ,Cassandra, Ma Rainey and Billie Holliday , Martha are all strong fierce Women there characters don’t serve to male actors character so who ever wins it’s honestly gonna be a good choice with the performances Viola Mulligan Frances Andra and Kirby put into them.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

In fact, they did not send SAG screeners for Billie Holiday. Obviously it’s a late screener and we all know how SAG treats those, funny that somehow it doesn’t matter anymore because people just want to dismiss Day. http://www.richiesolomon.com/screeners/

If this link indeed provides accurate information, then that’s very informative and would, I guess, confirm the initial suspicions after all. Thanks for sharing!

That still does not explain the BAFTA longlist omission though, because the movie did still get two mentions.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.