Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

She’s ready for Sunday.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

This is so Random lmao but Emma stone had her baby some weeks ago but Margot Robbie replaced her in Babylon but it’s not filming yet so why was she replaced?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

WTF. Luca, run!!!

IKR😂😂

Also, not you all thinking Viola presenting means she’s losing. JFC. That decision was very likely made way before voting even ended 💀💀. Some of you try really, really, really hard.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

This is so Random lmao but Emma stone had her baby some weeks ago but Margot Robbie replaced her in Babylon but it’s not filming yet so why was she replaced?

A lot of women don’t want to/physically cannot go back to demanding work soon after child birth. Maybe Emma wanted to spend time taking care of her newborn, or had a difficult pregnancy.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

A lot of women don’t want to/physically cannot go back to demanding work soon after child birth. Maybe Emma wanted to spend time taking care of her newborn, or had a difficult pregnancy.

Thank you Well I support it that’s understandable nothing against Margot Robbie im a big Emma stone fan and it’s sad i can’t see her team up with Damien again after lalaland Margot be taking all the good roles 😭.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

And the Oscar goes to Vulligan Cavis we all win.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

And the Oscar goes to Vulligan Cavis we all win.

There’s been a mistake. Ms. McDay, you won Best Actress.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

There’s been a mistake. Ms. McDay, you won Best Actress.

😭

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Who the f*ck is Margot Robbies Agent she has stay booked and filming movies and minus a few flops she be in popular movies with the good directors 😭 and the Oscar movies and etc.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

IKR😂😂

Also, not you all thinking Viola presenting means she’s losing. JFC. That decision was very likely made way before voting even ended 💀💀. Some of you try really, really, really hard.

Do the people who decide the presenters even know who won? The mental gymnastics some people go through …..

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Do the people who decide the presenters even know who won? The mental gymnastics some people go through …..

I guess the next indicator that Viola isn’t winning is when she, I don’t know, trips on the red carpet.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Thrilled by Carey Mulligan’s win last night at the Indie Spirit Awards!!! I hope this is a good omen for Sunday!!! Fingers crossed! I was really happy with all four of the acting winners at the Spirits – the only time this year where I was elated with the choices on a televised awards show! Please let Carey’s name be called on Sunday!!!!

Profile picture
    rosieangel
    Topics:

How many Spirit Best Actress winners have gone on to win the Oscar? My gut says not many but hoping for some stats to surprise me.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

How many Spirit Best Actress winners have gone on to win the Oscar? My gut says not many but hoping for some stats to surprise me.

7 in the last decade, and the other times it was because the Oscar winner wasn’t nominated

GO CAREY!!!

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

While it’s true that there are very, very few Spirit Award voters who are also AMPAS voters, it’s also true that of the actresses nominated for both a Spirit Award and an Oscar in the same year, only one this century has won the Oscar after losing at the Spirits: Marcia Gay Harden, and that was in the Supporting Actress category. (Both Francis McDormand and Viola Davis were nominated as BA for both awards this year.)

Actresses who have won both the Best Actress Oscar and Spirit Awards in the same year this century include Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Brie Larson, Frances McDormand and Renee Zellweger.

And maybe… Carey Mulligan?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.