Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I just realized that if Cary and Chad lose that bfcas gonna be looking like damned fools for trying to predict the oscars and failing so hard.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Y’all start a Stan fight we need part 50.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I also don’t go with critics groups much. Looking at stats they seem to be biased towards certain types of performances anyways.

Critic awards aren’t irrelevant though, especially the trifecta which Mulligan and McDormand did split.

And I do understand that Mulligan may have won BAFTA, but I’m not confident as everyone else, McDormand won London after all. It’s all coulda woulda shoulda anyway.

Bukky Bakray had a huge chance to become the first black actress to win Lead Actress at BAFTA, especially when they loved her film and they still didn’t bite. That tells me that there is a part of voters that are fine with McDormand winning again.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, your Prime Minister is sick of thinking about this category. Thatcher is predicting Avenger Mulligan because she’s my favourite and I feel an inside force telling me she’s winning.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Carey deserves to win, my heart wants it , but my mind still think BIDEN and the highest powers need to reward the black man that gave him the presidency. So Boseman / Davis or Day.

Frances will have OSCAR#3 anyway so…

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Critic awards aren’t irrelevant though, especially the trifecta which Mulligan and McDormand did split. And I do understand that Mulligan may have won BAFTA, but I’m not confident as everyone else, McDormand won London after all. It’s all coulda woulda shoulda anyway. Bukky Bakray had a huge chance to become the first black actress to win Lead Actress at BAFTA, especially when they loved her film and they still didn’t bite. That tells me that there is a part of voters that are fine with McDormand winning again.

It’s either that, or there are two more scenarios I can think of from McDormand’s win.

1. This award body will never support a black actress to win Lead Actress. Never ever. Since BAFTA and AMPAS has some crossovers, this may mean that they’re not supporting Davis or Day.
    2. The British voting body is letting Kirby know that they’re not supporting her. Even between her and McDormand, they’d still go with McDormand rather than her, a British actress.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

BIDEN and the highest powers need to reward the black man that gave him the presidency. 

Darling, this is a bit racist.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Darling, this is a bit racist.

A bit racist lmao it’s more than a bit.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

my mind still think BIDEN and the highest powers need to reward the black man that gave him the presidency. So Boseman / Davis or Day.

?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I’m so sick of y’all belittling black actors on gold derby with Huge amounts of talent (Viola Chadwick Andra with her one golden globe winning Oscar nominated performance )but will praise people with lighter skin with the most basic f*cling acting skills like Anya Taylor joy so annoying and racist .

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I’m so sick of y’all belittling black actors on gold derby with Huge amounts of talent (Viola Chadwick Andra with her one golden globe winning Oscar nominated performance )but will praise people with lighter skin with the most basic f*cling acting skills like Anya Taylor joy so annoying and racist .

Not even to drag Anya lmao good actress but basic acting skills but will drag black actors with way better acting skills over them getting awards of which people of color never get.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sorry but I find it ridiculous that some are ruling McDormand out. I understand and appreciate not predicting her (I am not predicting her to win) but she’s in the Best Picture frontrunner and in a wide open race that can play to her strong advantage.

People have argued it is implausible for Promising Young Woman to win 2 Oscars, it’s implausible for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom to win 4 Oscars and implausible for The United States vs Billie Holiday to win 1 but it really isn’t implausible for Nomadland to win more than 3.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Yes the president now controls Oscar winners which would explain the winners last year.  I think Ive heard every ridiculous thing now.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I’m sorry but I find it ridiculous that some are ruling McDormand out. I understand and appreciate not predicting her (I am not predicting her to win) but she’s in the Best Picture frontrunner and in a wide open race that can play to her strong advantage. People have argued it is implausible for Promising Young Woman to win 2 Oscars, it’s implausible for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom to win 4 Oscars and implausible for The United States vs Billie Holiday to win 1 but it really isn’t implausible for Nomadland to win more than 3.

Fact is that Mcdormand is going up for her third oscar and she has yet to have beaten Davis, Day or Mulligan in a competitive race this year.  If you’re going to tell me she has a chance Im going to need something more than theres no front-runner

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you’re going to tell me she has a chance Im going to need something more than theres no front-runner

In a race with no frontrunner she can coattail to Nomadland which as things stand seems to be the far and away frontrunner for Picture.

Look at how in an open race at BAFTA she managed to win in an open field or how she won with the London Film Critics. Sure it’s a performance akin to Michael Keaton in Birdman in the sense that it’s the type of subdued one that’s disproportionately popular with the snobbish sensibilities of critics but the fact that she won the BAFTA shows that there is certainly passion for her performance. And in a wide open field like this, the passion for McDormand’s performance and the strength of her film could take her over the finishing line.

I’m not predicting her myself. I was more disagreeing with the idea that she should be counted out entirely.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.