Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Frances is definitely the Dark Horse, mostly because she would probably be winning in a landslide had she not won 3 years ago.

That being said, I’m really close to switching to Mulligan, currently have Day because she’s Oscar Bait perfection, but will it be enough to overcome a vote split with Davis? Mulligan has the most solid voter base (PYW fanatics/The British Bloc), the question is where do potential Nomadland voters who don’t want to vote for McDormand again go?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

In a race with no frontrunner she can coattail to Nomadland which as things stand seems to be the far and away frontrunner for Picture.

Look at how in an open race at BAFTA she managed to win in an open field or how she won with the London Film Critics. Sure it’s a performance akin to Michael Keaton in Birdman in the sense that it’s the type of subdued one that’s disproportionately popular with the snobbish sensibilities of critics but the fact that she won the BAFTA shows that there is certainly passion for her performance. And in a wide open field like this, the passion for McDormand’s performance and the strength of her film could take her over the finishing line.

I’m not predicting her myself. I was more disagreeing with the idea that she should be counted out entirely.

Facts!

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Anya is a VERY basic actress.  Real ones know that the actress from unorthodox should of been winning

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

If I was phoenix, Id be having fun with the anouncement.

Could you imagine his reaction if it was a tie!?!

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Why Anya on the conversation

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

The reason why Frances is not winning is cause she’s already about to get Oscar number 3 as a Nomadland producer and we all know the Oscars love to spread the wealth.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Frances nation come on

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Anya at least, deserved that Globe for “Emma”. I know thats an unpopular oponion here since a lot of people on this forum are obsessed with I care a Lot

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Real ones know that the actress from I May Destroy You should of been winning

Now that I can agree with!

Anya at least, deserved that Globe for “Emma”. I know thats an unpopular oponion here since a lot of people on this forum are obsessed with I care a Lot

I preferred Rosamund but Anya was delightfully camp in Emma.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

The Anya hate is starting too early. Can we wait until this season ends before we start dragging new actresses? Let’s focus on dragging the 5 we have now. On Monday, we start on Anya, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Hudson, and Kirsten Dunst.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Anya hate is starting too early.

If you’re referring to my comment I wasn’t “dragging Anya”. I was more saying I preferred Michaela Coel’s performance in I May Destroy You.

Will be interesting to see Anya’s chances next year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Anya ate her performance in the witch that what she needed awards for.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I just can’t see Frances happening. Winning a third Oscar is very hard. Yes, she won BAFTA, but she wasn’t a two time winner there and all her competitors were snubbed.

The argument that she could win because Nomadland is winning Best Picture is very weak. I mean, No BP winner won Best Actress since Million Dollar Baby. There’s no advantage on being in the BP winner.

Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.