Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh okay, my bad. Still don’t know if I believe that though.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Oh okay, my bad. Still don’t know if I believe that though.

I do. People are the worst lol now imagine if they are asked who they voted for and they went with a full white lineup. Who would admit that? 🙂

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Of course the fact that McDormand won recently will be considered by the Academy, but I actually don’t put too much weight on it this season.

With a open race like this I have a feeling most members will vote for the person rather than the performance, and this is where I see Viola/Frances gaining steam. The Academy has a lot of younger members, so I’m not sure if the less traditional of them will care if Frances or Viola already have one or two Oscars.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

The Academy has a lot of younger members, so I’m not sure if the less traditional of them will care if Frances or Viola already have one or two Oscars.

Well, some (not all, or even most) younger members probably would like to see other younger members such as Andra and Carey, and even Vanessa, win; they don’t want to wait 20 years for their own victories….

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

After reading a voter saying that no one is looking to see if an artist has won 1 or 2 Oscars at the time of the vote, I’m feeling that Frances will take the third. (and 4 with the film in Best Picture)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I do. People are the worst lol now imagine if they are asked who they voted for and they went with a full white lineup. Who would admit that? 🙂

It’s just that every time Viola is rewarded or gets some praise or whatever, people come up with excuses. It might be right, but it’s way too much of a hypothetical for me to consider.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It’s just that every time Viola is rewarded or gets some praise or whatever, people come up with excuses. It might be right, but it’s way too much of a hypothetical for me to consider.

?

I wasn’t making an excuse for anything; I was reporting on a conversation I had in which an entertainment lawyer I know speculated about the conduct and thinking of a very limited number of voters.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Well, some (not all, or even most) younger members probably would like to see other younger members such as Andra and Carey, and even Vanessa, win.

I’m not sure if they even know Frances won for Fargo. They surely don’t spend time on internet searching about who won in the past. I don’t know if they knew Glenn Close was overdue.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

? I wasn’t making an excuse for anything; I was reporting on a conversation I had in which an entertainment lawyer who speculated about the conduct and thinking of a very limited number of voters.

Yeah, I didn’t actually mean you; I know you were just reporting. I mean, it could be true; it just infuriates me that that’s a possibility.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I bet many people in the industry know Frances is a multiple Oscar winner and they know she doesn’t want to win this. Her performance is also not showy or transformative to overcome these things.

The only thing she has is BAFTA and she wasn’t competing with any other nominee but Kirby, who is easily 5th place. I don’t think she would’ve won without the jury system.

Lastly, the argument that she’s winning because Nomadland is winning BP is the worst possible for two reasons: Frances is a producer and BP winners don’t win Best Actress since Million Dollar Baby.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Academy won’t be able to stand the controversy that would trail them if they ignore the two black women in contention only to give McDormand an undeserving third win. At least Streep was deserving of a third win and had that narrative

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I literally brought up Andra Day’s method acting in this thread earlier a few days ago. I knew voters would eat this up.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/secret-oscar-voter-ballot-exposed-minari-andra-day-chadwick-boseman/

“I go with Andra Day, especially with the backstory that it is her first movie. She started drinking and smoking so she could experience what Billie did.”

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

I have tens of thousands riding on this race and sit here calmly, but some of you must have millions with the way you are acting lol

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

EXPERTS Votes update

#1 Carey 11 -1

#2 Viola 10 +2

OMG

This makes much more sense than Carey dominating by a lot.

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kirby wins

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.