Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 538 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m leaning towards Viola and Hopkins instead of Chadwick and Frances.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I bet many people in the industry know Frances is a multiple Oscar winner and they know she doesn’t want to win this. Her performance is also not showy or transformative to overcome these things.

Yes because showy = ham and transformative = doing the same shtick but in garish period make-up and fatsuit  (at least Bale bothers to gain or lose weight depending on the role)

It’s just that every time Viola is rewarded or gets some praise or whatever, people come up with excuses. It might be right, but it’s way too much of a hypothetical for me to consider.

How could you honestly vote for her Milli Vanilli performance over Day who did her own singing? I get that stans want her to win her second Oscar ASAP especially in Actress while it’s still within historical narrative but don’t you want her second to happen for a great role in a memorable movie that will both age well instead of this crap? Boseman will win because there will be no second chance even though he had better performances that were overlooked by AMPAS (42, Get On Up). But what’s her excuse? Is it really that urgent to award her for such subpar thing when there’s a nominee who did the similar character (hisotical figure singer) much more justice?

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It’s just that every time Viola is rewarded or gets some praise or whatever, people come up with excuses. It might be right, but it’s way too much of a hypothetical for me to consider.

Hun, I didn’t see no one come up with excuses for her Fences win other than that she yet again committed category fraud. She’s the queen of that.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Not Kord with yet another account lmao

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

How could you honestly vote for her Milli Vanilli performance over Day who did her own singing? I get that stans want her to win her second Oscar ASAP especially in Actress while it’s still within historical narrative but don’t you want her second to happen for a great role in a memorable movie that will both age well instead of this crap? Boseman will win because there will be no second chance even though he had better performances that were overlooked by AMPAS (42, Get On Up). But what’s her excuse? Is it really that urgent to award her for such subpar thing when there’s a nominee who did the similar character (hisotical figure singer) much more justice?

You hurl that same ridiculous insult at Viola each time to make the same tired ass argument. News flash for ya: What you call a great performance and what the Academy calls a great performance is probably two totally different things at large! None of us has ANY control of the outcome of the winner. So, whether we agree or disagree with their choice, it’ll be exactly that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m leaning towards Viola and Hopkins instead of Chadwick and Frances.

I really feel like it will look bad on the academy if they don’t award Boseman.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

My point about BAFTA win is:

Why british voters did not vote for Kirby? That could have pushed her into Oscars, but instead they voted for Frances.

That’s make me think about they did not want to push another british more than Carey… idk

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Why? Because he passed away? I don’t think it ‘looks bad’ to not award someone just because they’ve unfortunately died.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

That’s make me think about they did not want to push another british more than Carey… idk

That makes no sense considering BAFTA didn’t even nominate Carey.

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Yet but all people say that was for a rule change idk

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

I concur..

Profile picture
    mi_gi_1988
    Topics:

Hollywood Reporter

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/oscars-who-will-win-who-should-win?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

WILL WIN: Frances McDormand, Nomadland

SHOULD WIN: Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Frances is going to get mad at the whole industry if they give her a 3rd acting Oscar after she said in speeches how she wanted the award bodies to give stepping stones to the younger generation. I love that for her.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

My point about BAFTA win is: Why british voters did not vote for Kirby? That could have pushed her into Oscars, but instead they voted for Frances. That’s make me think about they did not want to push another british more than Carey… idk

Um, because they thought McDormand was better?

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

It was decided on a jury, not the voting body.

Movie-lover overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.