Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
mi_gi_1988
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The random Frances confidence despite her only win being when 3/5 oscar nominees were absent. She lost everywhere she was up against Carey, Viola or Andra.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Frances is going to get mad at the whole industry if they give her a 3rd acting Oscar after she said in speeches how she wanted the award bodies to give stepping stones to the younger generation. I love that for her.

Anyone else remember Jack Lemmon giving an award he won to someone that didn’t live on tv? I’m drawing a blank but I’m disticnctly remembering this but I was a kid. I could see her doing that

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Frances is going to get mad at the whole industry if they give her a 3rd acting Oscar after she said in speeches how she wanted the award bodies to give stepping stones to the younger generation. I love that for her.

I feel she won´t even be there and simply ask Chloé or other members of the cast to receive the award on her behalf in case she wins.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why? Because he passed away? I don’t think it ‘looks bad’ to not award someone just because they’ve unfortunately died.

Because Chadwick Boseman played a key role in the on screen representation of black Americans, this is quite literally the only chance he’ll have at winning an Oscar and he has a strong narrative. People have argued that this is more akin to Colman/Close as a race but Glenn Close is not dead and she was the lone nominee for her film.

It will look very bad on the academy’s part in the current political climate if an old white man wins his second Oscar over a dead black man. The backlash feels like something that’s too big for academy members to ignore. At BAFTA one could argue the situation was slightly different. Hopkins is a 3 time (now 4 time) BAFTA winning beloved British legend in a career best performance and none of Boseman’s films had a significant impact in the UK (notice how Black Panther received one BAFTA nomination and it was a nomination it didn’t even receive at the Oscars). To me all Hopkins’ BAFTA win suggests is that he would have won the Oscar if the circumstances were different and what I’ve been saying all along about The Father being underestimated as being in the top 5 in this picture race.

Also on a separate note when was the last time both the lead winners were performers who were already acting Oscar winners? Of course stats can be broken but this is partly why I find a combination of Davis/Hopkins or McDormand/Hopkins hard to believe.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That makes no sense considering BAFTA didn’t even nominate Carey.

Not agreeing with that user who suggested Frances winning means Carey would win but it’s worth mentioning that this year (for the first time in BAFTA film’s history) the acting categories were decided by a jury in the final stage of nominations. The wins on the other hand were decided by the BAFTA membership.

Hence partly why you’d see industry darlings like Davis, Oldman and Mulligan surprisingly miss the nomination for performers from indies whilst the winners in the acting categories were all Oscar nominees.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Anyone else remember Jack Lemmon giving an award he won to someone that didn’t live on tv? I’m drawing a blank but I’m disticnctly remembering this but I was a kid. I could see her doing that

I believe you’re thinking of when Ving Rhames won a Golden Globe for playing Don King but he asked Jack Lemmon (up for the 12 ANGRY MEN Telefilm) to come onstage and he gave the award to him.

Honestly, McDormand is the kind of person I would suspect that of…especially this year.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Hollywood Reporter

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/oscars-who-will-win-who-should-win?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

WILL WIN: Frances McDormand, Nomadland

SHOULD WIN: Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

Written by Scott Feinberg oh lord…

Profile picture
    restlessmao
    Topics:

I feel she won´t even be there and simply ask Chloé or other members of the cast to receive the award on her behalf in case she wins.

I do hope she would be there if she won. This race has been so exciting. We need someone to give us a climactic moment at the very end.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

And when she uses a Texas chainsaw to cut the Oscar trophy into 4 pieces for the other nominees.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

My point about BAFTA win is:

Why british voters did not vote for Kirby? That could have pushed her into Oscars, but instead they voted for Frances.

That’s make me think about they did not want to push another british more than Carey… idk

No offense and i say this respectfully lmao but this is just delusional lol you not the only one I’m seeing all kinds of crazy theories from different gold derby users now that the best actress race is over.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Frances is not winning Oscar number 3 for sleeping in a van she was great and people do love the movie and she’s the face of it but that’s not happening.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I believe you’re thinking of when Ving Rhames won a Golden Globe for playing Don King but he asked Jack Lemmon (up for the 12 ANGRY MEN Telefilm) to come onstage and he gave the award to him.

Honestly, McDormand is the kind of person I would suspect that of…especially this year.

Cool. LikeI said I was a kid so I was like “Awesome the guy from some like it hot is sharing” when I saw on the news that they had one made for the winner and the person he gave it to so That’s all i really remembered lol

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Y’all saw NY Times public ballot? McDormand and Davis are leading with Kirby 3rd, Mulligan 4th and Day 5th. Viola’s coming to snatch? We love to see it. 2 Oscar-winning queen, coming to snatch the second Oscar she was robbed of for The Help. If a black actress makes history she’s the established and respected one and she has SAG (SAG > GG). Whenever Globe winner loses Oscar, they lose to SAG winner.

Exactly Meryl Streep didn’t do anything special in the Iron Lady but they where in a rush to give her Oscar number 3.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

And when she uses a Texas chainsaw to cut the Oscar trophy into 4 pieces for the other nominees.

I mean that’s one way lol. My guess would be she would single out one lol. Hell she could stick it in a wood chipper lol

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I mean that’s one way lol.

its a reference to bong’s best director speech lol

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.