Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Mulligan has never given an undeniable performance. And I keep wondering why someone is tagged overdue at 35 with one nomination. She’s been flopping for years. Sandra Bullock already got a sophomore nomination for a blockbuster five years after her win and some people said she deserved to win for same performance. They need to stop acting like Mulligan is one acting revolutionary

Lady Gaga is such a shit actress so we know you have no taste lol, but yeah Carey has gotten televised wins that were NOT ties. Honey, take the bet and stop being ridiculous.

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

Sooo.. ballot leakers rest on Sunday or what ??

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Jesus. If things are already getting heated up this early, then lord saves us during the ceremony.

There have already been some stabbings because bitches wanna fight. It’s not even about Best Actress anymore; it’s the frustration of a season that has lasted 57 years.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I’m making a wild prediction and changing to Andra (with Viola second). I feel like, had her movie been promoted and screened properly, she could’ve won SAG after the big hype when she won the GG, or at least she could’ve came close. She has a baity role, she has a great narrative, and she overperformed on secret ballots.

I’m having a hard time defending a Mulligan win. Her only precursor is CC, her role is not Oscar bait, she doesn’t give a showy perfomance, her movie is kinda divisive for the 82 year old grandpas at the Academy. I think she could win but she just has too many things going against her for me to feel comfortable predicting her.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan deserves better fans let’s just say that.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

only main con Frances has is that this would be her 3rd Oscar win

While I STRONGLY disagree with this view, there are some people who feel that Frances “is yet again just playing Frances.” Also, there are people who prefer to “spread the wealth,” and think she doesn’t care about winning, and therefore, would prefer to reward someone else who does care. I think Frances is 4th— not in quality of performance, but in likelihood of victory.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Could you please close the Oscar prediction center so I can stop going there and making changes – just kidding!

I woke up this morning and changed best actress to Carey Mulligan – then changed to Andra Day (my favorite) – then went back to Viola Davis. Crazy huh? Love this category!

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Andra has campaigned like she doesn’t sleep and she has given great interview after great interview. I am so rooting for a first time winner this year, on my fourth coffee BTW.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan deserves better fans let’s just say that.

Do you ever wonder if the nominees go through our forum? I am sure at least their agents or publicist do.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

You know you have no arguments when you could only respond with this.

Your first post was a fallacy, so… My prediction: You won’t be around much. Bye

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

there is nothing spectacular from her performance. For me, she was just OK. 

That’s debatable. One of the secret voters said:

“I came down at the last minute to Viola Davis and Carey Mulligan. Both of them gave virtuoso performances. It’s a Carey I’ve never seen before after watching her work over the years. But Viola just commands the screen, and in a tight race where I liked “Ma Rainey” so much, she would be my final choice.”

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Do you ever wonder if the nominees go through our forum? I am sure at least their agents or publicist do.

I’m certain a lot of them do.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

While I STRONGLY disagree with this view, there are some people who feel that Frances “is yet again just playing Frances.” Also, there are people who prefer to “spread the wealth,” and think she doesn’t care about winning, and therefore, would prefer to reward someone else who does care. I think Frances is 4th— not in quality of performance, but in likelihood of victory.

Interesting. It has definitely been noticed that she doesn’t want to win, and that seems to matter. Hopefully, you’re right.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is such a shit actress so we know you have no taste lol, but yeah Carey has gotten televised wins that were NOT ties. Honey, take the bet and stop being ridiculous.

There is no need to bring Gaga into this just because Lil Tony is being annoying. I already know this forum will be toxic next year regarding her chances just because of some of her stans here being idiots.

Anyway back to this year, I’m keeping Andra Day. Mulligan seems tempting but there is also always something happening against her since the beginning of televised awards, so I can’t really justify predicting her.

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I have Andra Day. How I feel about my prediction:

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

“Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.” —Truman Burbank, The Truman Show

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.