Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 494 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
wattsgold

• crabbie
    Topics:

she won everytime she was nominated (GG)

she lost critics choice

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Decision to Leave
    Best Director: Park Chan-Wook Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett, Tang Wei
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

CitizenBlake
    Topics:

Reported. Waiting to see if any action is taken or the white folks here will ignore it like they usually do.

What does this have to do with the owners being white? You okay?

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Davis would not be forgotten cos she has a narrative. I don’t want her to win, but her win would be interesting

Interesting to whom? (Luca of course). She’s been out there winning awards for ages. It’ll be ” oh yeah Viola won another award and made history, what’s tomorrow’s weather” kind of reaction.

And McDormand will be totally forgotten the next day. She’ll be the only actress with 3 Oscars for playing Frances McDormand.

Whereas Day means a new face in an industry with barely any Black leading stars, same as Halle Berry when she won.

and Mulligan will set a trend for Actresses winning Oscars for untypical Oscar roles. Just like Nurse Ratched and Hannibal Lecter.

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Should have been nominated: Meryl Streep for The Prom

yk what I agree… that was one of her best performances in recent history

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Topics:

Frances is not winning. She doesn’t want it and didn’t even campaign. Her husband worked with Carey Mulligan so I bet they are voting for her. Frances even said in her 2018 acceptance speech, give it to the younger actresses. No doubt the British base will go for Mulligan. People are saying it, but they are tired of the POC being forced down their throats. a POC will win Director, Actor, Supporting Actor and Actress, expect a non POC to win actress.

Davis is category fraud, she wore a fat suite, lip synched. The dialogue was so horribly spoken in that film, I wish it had subtitles. Day is not getting any overseas votes. Hulu isn’t available and no screeners were sent.

AmnistY21
    Topics:

Why am I predicting Andra Day: – she won everytime she was nominated (GG) – she is in a biopic;

Ash
    Topics:

Frances is not winning. She doesn’t want it and didn’t even campaign. Her husband worked with Carey Mulligan so I bet they are voting for her. Frances even said in her 2018 acceptance speech, give it to the younger actresses. No doubt the British base will go for Mulligan. People are saying it, but they are tired of the POC being forced down their throats. a POC will win Director, Actor, Supporting Actor and Actress, expect a non POC to win actress.

Davis is category fraud, she wore a fat suite, lip synched. The dialogue was so horribly spoken in that film, I wish it had subtitles. Day is not getting any overseas votes. Hulu isn’t available and no screeners were sent.

So we have to have a white acting winner last time i checked only 1 black women won who was half white Halle berry.

estrelas
    Topics:

WTF is even happening?! This not even about the performances anymore. What a clownery fest. Grow up yall. Jesus.

Lil Tony
    Topics:

yk what I agree… that was one of her best performances in recent history

yap. Streep gave such a stunning performance (as usual). The film also deserved nominations for costumes and make up

Danielle Deadwyler gave the performance of the year.

I remain Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Ash
    Topics:

Dam all the racist coming out on the last day 😭.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

WTF is even happening?! This not even about the performances anymore. What a clownery fest. Grow up yall. Jesus.

I had no idea I was going back to kindergarten.

wattsgold
    Topics:

Deep down we all know it couldn’t be any other way. This season was not kind to anyone. Tomorrow it will all be over. Finally.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, Get ready they coming after you.

methaddiction
    Topics:

At the end of the day they’re both unbothered

Ash
    Topics:

Coming out? They’ve been here all along. Subtly doing what they always do: tear down black artists.

The two black women performances Andra as Billie and Viola as Ma Rainey would be a quality upgrade from Renée Zellweger as Judy.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.