Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 494 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    Daniel Vaz
    Topics:

I hope that’s your face when Carey loses the Oscar…

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

Viola is the one you all should go for, and I’ll tell you why. She lost the Oscars for Meryl in 2012 despite winning the SAG. Why? Because the race was polarized between Meryl and Viola. So, Viola got most of the SAG voters that are also Academy members, and Meryl got the SAG voters that voted for her plus more Academy voters than Viola. But the situation is different now. Viola will once more get most of the SAG votes plus some votes of the Academy members that aren’t SAG members. The difference is that none of the other actresses have the power that Meryl Streep had in 2012. A lot of them will vote for Frances, Carey, and some for Andra. So, let’s say Viola entered the Oscars with X votes already, while the ones mentioned above had 1/2 X each.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Best Actress = 49

Best Supp Actress = 18

Best Actor = 10

Best Supp Actor = 5

Yeah, we need help.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Part 50 come on B*tches we almost there lol keep arguing and dragging each other.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Best Actress = 49 Best Supp Actress = 18 Best Actor = 10 Best Supp Actor = 5 Yeah, we need help.

Help to get to 50? I agree.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Viola is the one you all should go for, and I’ll tell you why. She lost the Oscars for Meryl in 2012 despite winning the SAG. Why? Because the race was polarized between Meryl and Viola. So, Viola got most of the SAG voters that are also Academy members, and Meryl got the SAG voters that voted for her plus more Academy voters than Viola. But the situation is different now. Viola will once more get most of the SAG votes plus some votes of the Academy members that aren’t SAG members. The difference is that none of the other actresses have the power that Meryl Streep had in 2012. A lot of them will vote for Frances, Carey, and some for Andra. So, let’s say Viola entered the Oscars with X votes already, while the ones mentioned above had 1/2 X each.

Denzel lost the Oscar despite of winning SAG against Casey Affleck (I remember Goldderby was predicting Denzel because of SAG and Casey’s controversy).

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

One thing to keep in mind is that the actor’s branch hasn’t grown as much as the other branches have in the past few years. They are not as powerful as they were 10 years ago. This might come down to what the visual effects branch voted on. Lol.

Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

Ignoring racist retorts is nothing new here and that has everything to do with the owners being white.

There’s the answer to my question – you’re not okay.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

My personal lineup probably wouldn’t even include any of the actual nominees, but I do have to say that if Andra Day wins, it wouldn’t be a bad win at all. She truly made that film watchable and it would make for a deserving win, even if I did prefer Mulligan.

Frankly, I think it’s a shame that Davis felt she had to put herself into Supporting for FENCES because she would’ve easily gotten my vote that year….though I do have to wonder if those voters still would’ve given it to Stone. I already think Streep winning over Davis in 2012 was bad enough (although that was another year where I wouldn’t have even nominated any of the five.)

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

One thing to keep in mind is that the actor’s branch hasn’t grown as much as the other branches have in the past few years. They are not as powerful as they were 10 years ago. This might come down to what the visual effects branch voted on. Lol.

This is 100% true.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

which movie has the best vfx then

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

I hope that’s your face when Carey loses the Oscar…

IF she loses

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

Do you guys think Day still in it?

And does anybody know the duration of the ceremony this year?

Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

I don’t need a racist like you or wattswhatever to tell me if I’m ‘okay’ or not.

You need help from someone close to you to see that not everyone you encounter is a racist. Especially when they don’t regard a Black actress’s work as superior to a White one.

And this is coming from someone who likes both Andra and Viola. The latter deserves a win, sure. But what I’m saying is that these two don’t deserve it more than Mulligan.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.