Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 494 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
boredandricho..

• Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Do you guys think Day still in it?

And does anybody know the duration of the ceremony this year?

I’ve had Day since the Globes. Globes is never wrong. They have successfully predicted the eventual lead winner in both Comedy and Drama this last decade. SAG messed up with Close (2018) and Davis wins (2011). But as of now and based on the rankings Viola is winning.

Rachel615
    Topics:

Viola is the one you all should go for, and I’ll tell you why. She lost the Oscars for Meryl in 2012 despite winning the SAG. Why? Because the race was polarized between Meryl and Viola. So, Viola got most of the SAG voters that are also Academy members, and Meryl got the SAG voters that voted for her plus more Academy voters than Viola. But the situation is different now. Viola will once more get most of the SAG votes plus some votes of the Academy members that aren’t SAG members. The difference is that none of the other actresses have the power that Meryl Streep had in 2012. A lot of them will vote for Frances, Carey, and some for Andra. So, let’s say Viola entered the Oscars with X votes already, while the ones mentioned above had 1/2 X each.

We have no idea how close the vote was at SAG. Of course Viola won, but we don’t know by how much— Frances has 4 SAG awards, including two for lead in a film role. And Carey has four SAG nominations. Viola winning SAG is extremely significant, but not dispositive.

diego
    Topics:

Cant wait for this to be OVER. I don’t even care about who wins at this point, I just want to move on.

wattsgold
    Topics:

You need help from someone close to you to see that not everyone you encounter is a racist. Especially when they don’t regard a Black actress’s work as superior to a White one. And this is coming from someone who likes both Andra and Viola. The latter deserves a win, sure. But what I’m saying is that these two don’t deserve it more than Mulligan.

A simple lesson this user has never learned. Now I understand why they need to get attention. Your wording was perfect, CitizenBlack. I’m replying based on the quotes because of course I ignored the creep who had been harassing me previously.

Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Coming out? They’ve been here all along. Subtly doing what they always do: tear down black artists.

Yeah this forum is full of them. They also seem to attack more when you are a POC chiming in. Theyll just claim color blindness which is inherently racist.

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

no offence but are you guys dumb? calling people racist if they don’t share the same favourites or predictions as you…

Novic
    Topics:

What the fuck is going on in here on this most sacred of days?

We are trying to get to part 50. At any cost apparently.

joesilver
    Topics:

For me the race is so close between Mulligan, Davis and Day that I can’t even tell until tonight.

The reason I’m not 100% sure about Viola is Boseman’s sure win for Actor. I don’t see them giving Ma Rainy 2 lead acting wins and voters probably think Boseman’s win is enough for the film.

What hurts Carey is that she lost the Globe and SAG against Andra and Viola and we don’t know her BAFTA support because she was snubbed there.

And Day is hurt because of the weak support for her film and her SAG/BAFTA snubs.

So anything could happen between these 3 contenders.

CitizenBlake
    Topics:

I know a lot of people think I’m cuckoo or over doing it but from what I’ve been taught, calling out such comments is the first step to erasing such mentality.

Again, I didn’t say anything racist. Andra Day will not read that, nor would she give a damn if she did.

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

For me the race is so close between Mulligan, Davis and Day that I can’t even tell until tonight. The reason I’m not 100% sure about Viola is Boseman’s sure win for Actor. I don’t see them giving Ma Rainy 2 lead acting wins and voters probably think Boseman’s win is enough for the film. What hurts Carey is that she lost the Globe and SAG against Andra and Viola and we don’t know her BAFTA support because she was snubbed there. And Day is hurt because of the weakest support for her film and her SAG/BAFTA snubs. So anything could happen between these 3 contenders.

who says chadwick is 100% winning tho

Fitzgerald
    Topics:

no offence but are you guys dumb? calling people racist if they don’t share the same favourites or predictions as you…

You should simply ignore them and speak the truth.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, that’s the GoldDerby forums for you.

every time a black actress is criticized you’re a racist lmao. I got to laugh at the fragile wokesters.

Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Andra winning would be a crime, Viola’s win would be a waste, Chadwick is winning just because he is dead…I sure see a pattern that the mods apparently don’t.

I know. Isn’t it disgusting. They’d argue Collin Farrell in ‘Alexander’ is more deserving than Chadwick 😁

Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

At this point it’s Davis v. Mulligan for me. They’re the two with the most support, although not the most predecessor awards since those have been all over the place. I’ll he happy if either one wins although I am of course team Viola.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

I know a lot of people think I’m cuckoo or over doing it but from what I’ve been taught, calling out such comments is the first step to erasing such mentality.

Their color blind. I wouldn’t even waste my time with them. Lets just laugh when Mulligan loses 😇

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.