Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    CitizenBlake
    Topics:

I know a lot of people think I’m cuckoo or over doing it but from what I’ve been taught, calling out such comments is the first step to erasing such mentality.

Again, I didn’t say anything racist. Andra Day will not read that, nor would she give a damn if she did.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

For me the race is so close between Mulligan, Davis and Day that I can’t even tell until tonight. The reason I’m not 100% sure about Viola is Boseman’s sure win for Actor. I don’t see them giving Ma Rainy 2 lead acting wins and voters probably think Boseman’s win is enough for the film. What hurts Carey is that she lost the Globe and SAG against Andra and Viola and we don’t know her BAFTA support because she was snubbed there. And Day is hurt because of the weakest support for her film and her SAG/BAFTA snubs. So anything could happen between these 3 contenders.

who says chadwick is 100% winning tho

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

no offence but are you guys dumb? calling people racist if they don’t share the same favourites or predictions as you…

You should simply ignore them and speak the truth.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

no offence but are you guys dumb? calling people racist if they don’t share the same favourites or predictions as you…

Hun, that’s the GoldDerby forums for you.

every time a black actress is criticized you’re a racist lmao. I got to laugh at the fragile wokesters.

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Andra winning would be a crime, Viola’s win would be a waste, Chadwick is winning just because he is dead…I sure see a pattern that the mods apparently don’t.

I know. Isn’t it disgusting. They’d argue Collin Farrell in ‘Alexander’ is more deserving than Chadwick 😁

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

At this point it’s Davis v. Mulligan for me. They’re the two with the most support, although not the most predecessor awards since those have been all over the place. I’ll he happy if either one wins although I am of course team Viola.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

I know a lot of people think I’m cuckoo or over doing it but from what I’ve been taught, calling out such comments is the first step to erasing such mentality.

Their color blind. I wouldn’t even waste my time with them. Lets just laugh when Mulligan loses 😇

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’m in front of a mirror: Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

who says chadwick is 100% winning tho

He is 100% winning. Boseman has the narrative and the acclaim. And the BAFTA win for Sir Anthony won’t be enough to win over Boseman’s narrative.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Their color blind. I wouldn’t even waste my time with them. Lets just laugh when Mulligan loses 😇

Well, there was also

“McDormand winning would be a waste. McDormand plays the same thing over and over again.”
    “Mulligan is a trash performance and is overrated.”

Hun, take a back seat and enjoy the equality ride.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Mess. All these brand new accounts are definitely not dupes, trolls, or people who were already banned once.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    keithw
    Topics:

No one is a 100 percent winner until the envelope is opened…..ask Lauren Baccall or Glenn Close (2 years ago).

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

He is 100% winning. Boseman has the narrative and the acclaim. And the BAFTA win for Sir Anthony won’t be enough to win over Boseman’s narrative.

i wouldn’t be that sure but you do you

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No one is locked for anything and anyone who is saying “one is the clear winner” or “I’ll laugh when they lose” are kidding themselves.

Anyway ta! See you all after the Oscars tomorrow!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

It’s time for Mulligan or McDormand to claim their deserved Oscars. Viola winning would be a tremendous miscarriage of justice.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.