Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Nobody but bitter stans is gonna lose sleep over Frances.

I’m so glad she won after the foolish underestimation, the pretend BAFTA theories were thrown OUT the window.

some here claimed like carey had actually won bafta. that was funny taking the jury thing so far

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

This year proved that good performances don’t need much campaigning for the win. Both McDormand and Hopkins were acclaimed to heavens, and the only backlash they will face is from ignorant people who are trying to push their bitterness into the conversation instead of understanding that acclaim + strong film = success, all the time.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

everyone will forget this tomorrow, move on

I mean yeah..we’re in the middle of a pandemic. Nobody is gonna cry for days over an actress losing an award, there’s more important things in life. But even though people will move on it doesn’t mean they’ll forget. Especially when awards season starts again.

Viola Davis is the Greatest of our time!!!

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Will Maestro be released this year? Hopefully the goodwill Carey got this season will help her next campaign. But it’s kinda sad roles like PYM don’t win.

No. They haven’t even started filming Maestro yet but are still expected to film it this calendar year. She’ll be filming Spaceman first–in fact, filming on it commenced last week– she’ll have a supporting role in that  movie.  I would expect that both her role and Bradley Cooper’s role in Maestro will be leading roles for awards consideration purposes because it’s the story of a 30 year marriage.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

There already is. Twitter is LIVID about Chadwick and Viola losing. I mean it’s kinda sick. Chadwick swept all season and they invited his widow just to not give him the award. And literally changed the lineup of the awards, using them to keep ratings because they knew everyone was waiting for Chadwick, Carey, Viola or Andra to win.

He hasn’t swept. He didn’t win BAFTA or Indie Spirit, and a lot of critics awards went for Ahmed and Hopkins as well.

And Viola has literally only won SAG.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Girl, Mulligan was never winning BAFTA. It’s very clear now. The only one who was ended by the BAFTA jury is us ’cause we thought McDormand was irrelevant and only won there because of lack of competition. Oh well.

i def had bought into the theory mulligan would’ve won w/o the jury.

but given the 90% copy paste job, i wonder if the juries just took the voting frontrunner in each category, and THEN filled out the rest with 2/3 POC. With 2/3 of the white actors being europeans who’d never gotten a lead or supporting nom before.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

There will be no backlash against Frances or Hopkins, the ceremony on the other hand with their stupid choices of placing the categories in another hand…

But in a week no one will remember this.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Victor Cruz jinxed Mulligan sorry.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Victor Cruz jinxed Mulligan sorry.

Hun, shut up and get over it.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

As this season has officially ended, I will say that I’ve really enjoyed the conversation on here. I believe I start reading the Best Actress since around late October, and it got me more hyped for this season than ever before. I’ve learned so many things about statistics and analyzing the race from you guys, and it has been really inspiring in a way. Literally this has made me become a huge film fan and allowed me to cope with 2021.

While there are some… questionable posts with weird tones here, most of you here are really nice and knowledgeable and I really appreciate you guys for putting your insight into this thread and this race. I will probably take a break for a month (maybe… maybe not) because of how long this race has been, but I hope to see you guys’ names again for the next season because this forum is what makes an awards race way more interesting to be honest.

———————————————————————————

Somebody was asking where the Mulligan’s stans are. I’m still here. Congrats to McDormand. She goes for an unconventional role and gets the trophy without even campaigning. I don’t like her performance as much as many people here, but nobody not ever deserves to win. As for Mulligan, I have been losing hopes since people start saying Promising Young Woman will put a Get Out because Kaluuya didn’t win for the acting category from that film either. But I was still rooting for her and had her at number 1 because of how much Cassie and Mulligan’s performance has impacted me. Yes, that was me hope-dicting, but oh well, I’m proud of my predictions.

Besides, I truly love Mulligan’s acting, and if she were to win an Oscar trophy, I really hope it will be an undeniable victory where she sweeps everything (well, not CC because she’s already won it, but we’ve seen how powerful BAFTA can be). She truly deserves it, and I hope this performance has brought her back to the Academy voters’ radar.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Huns Frances McDormand has three Oscars for playing herself. I can’t stop laughing.

A furious mother in 3BB, a light-hearted policewoman in Fargo, and a houseless Nomad are 3 different kinds of characters.

3BB is literally the opposite kind of Nomadland lol.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

He hasn’t swept. He didn’t win BAFTA or Indie Spirit, and a lot of critics awards went for Ahmed and Hopkins as well.

And Viola has literally only won SAG.

I know he lost Bafta but everyone excepted him to win and that’s exactly why he lost but that’s a conversation for another thread and another time. And Viola only won sag but frances only won one award leading up to the Oscars as well. The GP wanted Viola to win that is very evident by the response on Twitter and the polls done leading up to the Oscars. Ma Rainey was probably viewed more than most of these movies due to Chadwicks death and it being on Netflix, so idk why it would be shocking to think the gp would be upset.

Viola Davis is the Greatest of our time!!!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hun, shut up and get over it.

We both lost tonight darling.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

What makes this more impressive is that Frances literally won in her sleep while people like Meryl needed Weinstein to back them up for a third and how she easily did that with a subtle performance. God I will cherish this win forever.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Viola needs a proper vehicle focused on her. She is definitely winning Best Actress eventually.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.