Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Viola needs a proper vehicle focused on her. She is definitely winning Best Actress eventually.

She better.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Victor Cruz jinxed Mulligan sorry.

No, that golden dress did.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I know he lost Bafta but everyone excepted him to win and that’s exactly why he lost but that’s a conversation for another thread and another time. And Viola only won sag but frances only won one award leading up to the Oscars as well. The GP wanted Viola to win that is very evident by the response on Twitter and the polls done leading up to the Oscars. Ma Rainey was probably viewed more than most of these movies due to Chadwicks death and it being on Netflix, so idk why it would be shocking to think the gp would be upset.

What? It’s pretty evident in those polls that Carey and Frances had bigger audience support. From Insta to Rotten Tomatoes to Film Experience to IMDB to Who Should Win polls, both women had way more support.

I give you Boseman. Although Hopkins and Ahmed were always close in these polls as well.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I hope people don’t think I’m being negative just to jump on some sort of shock wagon, but I’m genuinely not sure McDormand was the right choice. She was very good, and I’m glad she landed a nomination, but this feels like a somewhat weaker Oscar-winning lead role. I had her in 5th, and I didn’t think I was being naive. I truly thought she had the least odds of the five, even with Kirby somewhat trailing.

It’s a very reserved, mature and quiet performance for the Oscars to recognize, especially from an actress who is also reserved, mature and (mostly) quiet, who also just happened to win the same award a few years back. I wasn’t expecting her to win Best Actress in the slightest, and I’m very surprised she left with both awards tonight. Good for her, she’s a phenomenal actress, but for a role where she’s somewhat dialled into being herself more so than usual, I’m just not confident this was the best call when (well… ) there were four other actresses to pick from, none of which have won in the category before, and all of which showed an impressive amount of range.

I hope this is coming across okay. I still think she was very good in the film.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Viola needs a proper vehicle focused on her. She is definitely winning Best Actress eventually.

Viola needs to learn from Meryl stop taking on movies with shitty directors where you’re forced to carry it, those movies will get you noms. Wins? Not so much

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Now the question is, can Frances tie with Hepburn for the most wins in Lead Actress? lol

The industry l o v e s her

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

This weird extremely long season during a pandemic helped her to win.

Otherwise in a normal season she would have never won.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

most of the anonymous voters said that they thought that she belonged in supporting that mighta affected her

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

So we learned something folks – already being a winner (or a multiple winner) means jack shit. It would have been presumed that Frances would win in a landslide, a LANDSLIDE, had she not just won 3 years ago. They don’t care. They didn’t care when Katharine Hepburn won HER second and third back-to-back 50+ years ago, and they don’t care now. It’s the performance. And it turns out the presumed (by me anyway) split between Day and Davis was actually a three-way split between Day, Davis, and Mulligan, leaving the Lead of the Best Picture winner, who of course would end up on top. It all seems so obvious NOW! Great race, disappointed that what for me was probably the weakest performance of the bunch won, but that’s the Academy Awards!

Profile picture
    asuka
    Topics:

What makes this more impressive is that Frances literally won in her sleep while people like Meryl needed Weinstein to back them up for a third and how she easily did that with a subtle performance. God I will cherish this win forever.

Say it louder for the people in the back!

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

What makes this more impressive is that Frances literally won in her sleep

well like kat’s repeat wins, her wins are all for big best picture contenders that won another major oscar.

Profile picture
    asuka
    Topics:

The way Frances McDormand is the Katherine Hepburn of this generation.

The way Frances McDormand is the recipient of not only THREE Best Actress wins, but also the Triple Crown of Acting.

A living legend.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Frances benefited not only from being in the eventual Best Picture winner but from also winning the most recent precursor. I think BAFTA seems so influential because it is the last precursor before Oscar voting takes place.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

The way Frances McDormand is the Katherine Hepburn of this generation.

but katharine has double digit lead noms

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.