Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t think the second black lead actress will be any of those who already have a supporting win like Regina, Viola, JHud, Octavia Spencer, Lupita.

I think it’ll be a first timer.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Can a black actress even win BAFTA to sure up her win? Is that even possible?

Yes! That must be Viola (she’s highly respected and can appeal to wide range of Brit voters because of her acting background on stage) or Lupita (BAFTA must pay for what they did to her back in 2014).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The stat we all overlooked is how Best Picture wins are great for multiple acting wins:

Silence of the Lambs – Jodie Foster

Forrest Gump – Tom Hanks

American Beauty – K***n S***ey

Million Dollar Baby – Hillary Swank

Green Book – Mahershala Ali

The exception between those films is A Beautiful Mind. Russell Crowe swept the precursors, but if I’m not mistaken, a controversy surrounding his bad behavior at the BAFTA prevented him from winning the Oscar. Another exception is Octavia Spencer in The Shape of Water, but she was a non factor in her category.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I’m so happy the best performance won for Best Actress

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Precedents are meant to be broken! This year proved that spectacularly

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I’m not assuming a black actress will win in lead just because one didn’t win this year. The Oscars will do what they want to do. Can a black actress even win BAFTA to sure up her win? Is that even possible?

Denzel doesnt even have a nom yet. Until that happens im not sure how I feel about them having one win thats not a brit

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I don’t think the second black lead actress will be any of those who already have a supporting win like Regina, Viola, JHud, Octavia Spencer, Lupita.

I think it’ll be a first timer.

I can’t think of any of today’s actresses that could pull it off, but anything’s possible.

Profile picture
    Jake
    Topics:

There already is. Twitter is LIVID about Chadwick and Viola losing. I mean it’s kinda sick. Chadwick swept all season and they invited his widow just to not give him the award. And literally changed the lineup of the awards, using them to keep ratings because they knew everyone was waiting for Chadwick, Carey, Viola or Andra to win.

Twitter should watch the movies instead.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

People are so bitter about Frances’ win.

To be honest, majority of you liked her performance. You would have positioned her as No.1 had she not won a few years back. But the fact is Academy just doesn’t care about that anymore. Especially in a category where there is no frontrunner and other performances have had a decisive reception.

Having said that, this year was spectacular in terms of the range of performances.

Profile picture
    Vince Angelo
    Topics:

Bafta is the new Oscar

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Golden Globs really trumped the Andra Day card unnecessarily! So many of you tripped over her winning. I loved her but ‘Passion Pick + Best Picture nominee’ is a perfect formula

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Andra Day won the Globe because the Globes were trying to get themselves out of trouble. The nomination was her reward. If Diana Ross couldn’t win for that role Day sure as hell wasn’t going to.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

I love Frances and I love her. (People shitting on her versatility as if this is a contest for awarding an actress who is most versatile, and not the best performance of year – suck it)

But I don’t want a trend of the same actors being rewarded again and again. I liked Oscars because they made sure to award every actor despite their not being the best performance. It was exciting, thrilling and gave everyone a platform to shine during their career. This, though fair, becomes boring.

Profile picture
    Vert93
    Topics:

Almost everyone here likes Frances in nomadland. But putting Frances in the same league as other three time Oscar winner is just too much.
    now, she has more lead Oscar than Streep. She has even more Oscars than her.

With her win, Frances just restored and changed the whole narrative of “ getting a third lead Oscar is so hard “ and it implies a new fact that she is the greatest living actor ever. she won a third faster than any other actors. This is just so crazy in the history of academy awards.

the pandemics made many voters unaware of this.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Wow, I’m shocked. Didn’t expect her to win a third so soon. Frances always beats my favourite British actresses (Blethyn/Watson, Hawkins, now Mulligan) I should have seen it coming!

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.