Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 557 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

AACTA is trash. They went 0/4 this year. Supporting Actress (3 years in a row so far) and Supporting Actor was snubbed. When it gets the winner right its pure coincidence just like Indie Spirit Awards. The only international support you can look for a performance is a BAFTA win.

Same AACTA they called an oracle and insisted was a perfect Oscar indicator? Mulligan stans really tried changing stats just to suit their interests.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The way Nomadland losing Cinematography served Don’t Start Now losing everything at the Grammys and Frances winning served Future Nostalgia winning Pop Vocal Album

Frances kinda served Billie Eilish too, both were super underestimated cause they’re recent winners lol.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The random comparisons but we like it. Wbk, and we saw them fall laughing. #Justice4Andra though.

Just found it a funny coincidence.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Academy needs to apologise to Streep by giving her the Oscar on her next nomination. I can’t believe McDormand is holding the title of Oscar Queen for living actresses against Streep’s incredible body of work.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The Academy needs to apologise to Streep by giving her the Oscar on her next nomination. I can’t believe McDormand is holding the title of Oscar Queen for living actresses against Streep’s incredible body of work.

Well she deserves so

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

They need to apologize to black actresses and give them the next 90 Oscars.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Academy has expanded in diverse membership so much from overseas and other branches I don’t think people can win on narrative anymore. 2 Black actresses were in contention and they still gave Frances her 3rd. They just denied Glenn Close’s 8th chance too. And yeah they just denied Boseman too. SAG is where it seems like they still work on narratives and adhering to veterans thanks to the acting branch and the ever gigantic AFTRA portion. Anyways I think Laura Dern just got lucky last year because the competition was the weakest lineup ever. Overdue narratives or history making won’t happen in the future unless you’re in a Best Picture nominee.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Whenever people point to secret ballots Im gonna point to this category when people left and balloters were all give someone else a chance.

Profile picture
    willum
    Topics:

You know 2 legends can co-exist and there’s no point of pitting them against each other so…..

And McDormand deserved the win for this one. You don’t need to have the showiest performance to be deemed the best so…..

FYC Emmys 2021:
    - Julianne Nicholson (Mare of Easttown) - Limited/Movie Supporting Actress
    - Jon Favreau, Chapter 9: The Marshal (The Mandalorian) - Drama Directing
    - Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy You) - Limited/Movie Supporting Actor

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

They need to apologize to black actresses and give them the next 90 Oscars.

This too. I don’t understand the hasty need to give McDormand a third win when only one black woman has won the category. Her second win was just three years ago. It’s not as if McDormand had a narrative. She didn’t even give an undeniable performance. I don’t understand the rush when they kept Meryl Streep hanging for 29 years with constant nominations and amazingly diverse performances. We can all agree Streep was highly overdue for a third win, but McDormand? Hell no. Not when Glenn Close is yet to win one.

They don’t just care about black women in this category.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Well she deserves so

she doesn’t. It was same one note performance she’s known for and it was just too soon after her second win which she didn’t even deserve entirely

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Can’t believe some people here still being nasty after the winners were revealed. For me, this is a rare occurrence where 4 acting winners won for a great performances and they deserved their trophy.

Well, it’s been great predicting with you guys. See you at the next year’s race.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am putting all my energy into The First Lady and Woman King campaigns for Vee. We’re still coming.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Only her Fargo win is a bit debatable, judging from the performance only.

3BB and Nomadland are all deserved wins. She’s really lucky,tho. Our unique queen got all the prizes!

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

I think the difference is that Streep is getting all the good roles away from her peers while Frances McDormand empowers women and creates opportunity for woman of colour (i.e. Chloe Zhao in this case).

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.