Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mark my words: this upcoming season is going to be even messier than this one. Just look at the movie and people in contention.

Kirsten Dunst right now watching how film twitter fawns over her in The Power of the Dog and tricks her into thinking she’s winning:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Urgh, with all this hate in Frances I might as well hope she wins a 4th.
    Please stop

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The way I told y’all PYW wasn’t winning two Oscars after it’s guild performance and some of y’all tried to drag me. The red flags were always there!

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Halle Berry was an anomaly. I will never predict a black or biracial-black actress to win this award. I think it’s just out of reach. I think a black man could eventually win best actor again but I will never predict a black woman to win this award again.

I suppose I could see a mostly white passing biracial-asian woman winning best actress in the next ten years but a black woman? Nope.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Davis and Mulligan weren’t that far off because what McDormand winning showed is visibility is KEY and their films were the next most visible.

Hardly anyone saw Andra’s film. It’s why I didn’t really predict her for the win at all in spite of her fans declaring she was “locked” up until the envelope was opened.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I never bought into Andra winning it just wasn’t going to happen.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way I told y’all PYW wasn’t winning two Oscars after it’s guild performance and some of y’all tried to drag me. The red flags were always there!

Ah yes. And how you thought Chicago 7 could win Best Picture and Original Screenplay after losing WGA and PGA…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s the way that the Director field is giving more diverse winners than the leading acting ones for me.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I knew Viola wasn’t winning as soon as Chadwick lost BAFTA. He always was the strongest out of the duo and since he was starting to show weakness, it was probably worse for Viola. Also the fact that the movie failed to get BP and Screenplay noms so it never made sense for me to predict it winning 2 acting leads (I ended up predicting 0 since I had Anthony but went for Andra and not Frances).

The BAFTA jury messed up with our predictions lol if they had nominated Carey we would have known she was officially over after losing to Frances.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Ah yes. And how you thought Chicago 7 could win Best Picture and Original Screenplay after losing WGA and PGA…

No? I suggested it may signal an upset in screenplay but I never stopped predicting PYW sweetie. ❤️

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

If other far more popular singer turned actresses in best picture nominees couldn’t win best actress then Andra Day sure as hell wasn’t winning. Her film couldn’t even garner a best song nomination and even that dumb Harriet movie got that nomination.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Well you also said that Ma Rainey was winning 2 lead acting oscars yesterday and look how that ended null

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Well you also said that Ma Rainey was winning 2 lead acting oscars yesterday and look how that ended null

And I’m grateful to be wrong because two of my personal winners won instead so

Carey has always been a pipe dream, I been said this and tonight proved she wouldn’t have won BAFTA either way, so a winning for me!

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The BAFTA jury messed up with our predictions lol if they had nominated Carey we would have known she was officially over after losing to Frances.

So true. I would’ve had Frances in #1 if that happened.

Also, the people saying Frances can’t win a 4th Oscar for acting … I wouldn’t speak so soon. She’s truly loved by the industry, and her low profile really helps her in comparison to some other multiple winners. Ready for her to sweep the tv awards whenever she does her Olive, Again adaptation.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I was wrong about Ma Rainey winning best actress and best actor as well. I’m not trying to pretend that I was right. I know better now though. Take BAFTA more seriously and don’t ever predict a black woman to win best actress again. And don’t predict a black man to win best actor unless he wins BAFTA or loses to someone not nominated for the Oscar.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.