Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Carey can return to oblivion now, Maestro ain’t happening for her, she’ll come back in 11y and will lose again. Nobody cares for her.

Looks like you care since you made an account just to trash her.  You’re so pathetic.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I guess one of the “nice guys” from PYW has entered the chat.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

McDormand’s third lead Oscar and first producer Oscar are the exactly the kind of “queening” that Viola stans claim is Viola’s  status in the industry despite no proof outside of SAG-AFTRA (and apparently more AFTRA than SAG). Globes didn’t want to award Davis so they gave it to Day lmao and they are notorious star-****ers but they went with an ingenue that they never heard of. BAFTA jury snubbed Davis despite pushing for diversity narrative with 3 literal who nominees in Actress. Finally, for all the talk about that AMPAS cannot wait to give the Lead to their “queen” Viola, they sure as hell gave McDormand 2 crowns last night and one of them her third lead just 4-5 years since her second lead win. That’s the real queen right there. No trending, no campaigning, but 100% queening. :bows:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Slotting ‘flop’ on people and movie’s names was funny like in 2015.
    Keep it up with the times folks

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

It is truly some ignorant, childish people that post in here. Which makes it impossible to have a an adult conversation in here.

#CancelFrancesMcDormand

Damn, you that pressed? It’s not THAT important.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not Kord saying Mulligan “flopped” because she wore a gold dress when the person he kept declaring a lock (Andra Day) couldn’t even get nominated for SAG or BAFTA, was in a film no one saw, had no name recognition, probably finished 4th or 5th and also wore a gold dress.

I mean I am happy for Andra because this is a momentous nomination for her but Kord darling…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What if Viola Davis (The Woman King), Carey Mulligan (Maestro), Regina King (Shirley) and Glenn Close (Sunset Boulevard) are all up for the 2023 Oscar? Yikes.

STOP THIS. DON’T MAKE MY STAN HEART EXPLODE INTO PIECES.

Mulligan could probably drop down to supporting. Although yikes Regina, Viola and Glenn being up against each other will hurt.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I really don’t want Mulligan to win for a supporting wife role, I’d rather she missed for the biopic and won for something more interesting

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Frances McDormand is a legend for a reason, y’all. If you believe that all she does is do the same performances and have the same roles, you simply don’t watch any of her films.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like Carey Mulligan but I see no proof that the Oscars are desperate to award her. She’s young and white and in a buzzy movie that got a best picture and best director nomination and they still didn’t award her. Call me if she gets another nomination in the next 5 years.

Imagine creating an account just to call someone a flop for losing an award. As the Kanye song goes, this shit is fucking ridiculous.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman stans were definitely the most annoying fanbase to me. Still it’s silly to start an account to gloat about Carey Mulligan losing the Oscar.

an award her stans claimed was hers you set her up not me

Who said I was a stan, though?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frances McDormand is a legend for a reason, y’all. If you believe that all she does is do the same performances and have the same roles, you simply don’t watch any of her films.

One of the greatest actors out there right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.