Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It does feel weird that Mulligan didn’t win this year when everyone was obsessed with her for months.. it’s like the complete opposite of Frances lmaoo.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I love how Viola haters keep gloating that the Oscars don’t love her as if the Oscars love any black actress. She has the most nominations of a black actress ever so obviously they do like her more than the other black actresses. They just don’t like her as much as white actresses.

Profile picture
    Praise the Lourd
    Topics:

I can’t believe I predicted Fran the whole season only to change it last minute smh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I like Carey Mulligan but I see no proof that the Oscars are desperate to award her. She’s young and white and in a buzzy movie that got a best picture and best director nomination and they still didn’t award her. Call me if she gets another nomination in the next 5 years.

I don’t think anyone said they’re “desperate” to award her. More that she has so many potential contending projects that she’s either been cast in or attached to (like that film Cate Blanchett’s production company are producing with her as the lead or Maestro) that she has strong potential to come back and get nominated or win. The same can be said of Amanda Seyfried who might win an Emmy next year for playing Elizabeth Holmes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Hey, first Best Picture winner with Best Actress matchup since Million Dollar Baby.

If you really want to stretch it… then it’s the Best Picture winner with Best Actress as is it’s true protagonist since 92 (Silence of the Lambs)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Mulligan isn’t winning any time soon. Her new projects are likely to go the Wildlife and Mudbound ways, FLOPS. No one is in a hurry to award her and that explains why the Globes killed her chances this year. If she had won that Globe, she would have been more competitive at least.

It will be a miracle if she wins in the next ten years. She doesn’t have the IT factor. She is no Margot Robbie. If the Cassie role had gone to Robbie as initially intended, she would have had a better award run.

Maestro is likely to flop unless Bradley Cooper saves it

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pls the overreactions.

Viola Davis is winning a lead Oscar soon and Mulligan, Close, McDormand, Seyfried and Colman will all be back. Mulligan and Colman combined have like 12 different projects in the pipeline lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

good because she is never returning as a nominee, she’s done. awards poison

she’ll come back in 11y

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Mulligan is definitely returning to the Oscars. The overreactions. But then again, coming from those usual users we couldn’t expect anything else. She’s picking up projects after projects and she always deivers. She’s returning. Same with Viola, Frances, Vanessa, Olivia and Glennie.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Poor Glenn. She’s a much better actress than Frances has a lot more range and can’t seem to catch a break.

Oscars are a joke huns. They deserve their ratings flop.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Poor Glenn. She’s a much better actress than Frances has a lot more range and can’t seem to catch a break. Oscars are a joke huns. They deserve their ratings flop.

Hun, I want her to get an Oscar too but the best supporting performance deservedly won the Oscar this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mulligan is definitely returning to the Oscars. The overreactions. But then again, coming from those usual users we couldn’t expect anything else. She’s picking up projects after projects and she always deivers. She’s returning. Same with Viola, Frances, Vanessa, Olivia and Glennie.

Forgot about Vanessa!

All she needs is an across the board project like Blanchett back in the day or more recently Stone and she’s probably sweeping if her performance is as good as her Pieces one.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Let’s hope she never again retweets a video that questions the legitimacy of the COVID-19 vaccination, appears sceptical of climate change, and contains transphobic comments.

She did something like that?

Good lord 😡

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really wonder if McDormand can really win next year as well for The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, I want her to get an Oscar too but the best supporting performance deservedly won the Oscar this year.

I know. my point is Glenn Close is a better actress, can transform, with more memorable performances in her filmography than Frances McDormand.

If McDormand has three Oscars for playing the same roles, Glenn should at least have 1.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 50)’ is closed to new replies.