Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 521 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
Luca
  • Profile picture
    VINCE
    Topics:

It seems to me that Adams still has a chance, despite the poor criticism of the film. Well, firstly, the film was directed by Ron Howard, whose influence on the American film industry is very great. Voters at the Oscars love Howard and it can’t be denied. Secondly, Adams plays into the hands of her reputation as an actress without a gold Oscar statuette. It seems to me that this film was made specifically for Adams and Close and the main PR of this film is that its two main stars are the main losers of the Oscars.

This is comedy gold.

MARIAH CAREY

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

I just don’t want Streep to have another filler nomination for an okay performance 😩

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I see people are still underestimating Kirby. Even though she has the raves. Even though a lot of contenders are flopping. Even after seeing that trailer…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Just saw the Pieces of a Woman trailer. Gave me chills. Just going by the trailers, I’ll give Kirby the win. Can’t believe I gotta wait til January to watch the movie.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Man, it doesn’t happen every single year the last decade but for most of them, there is always at least one performance not primarily in English. That’s why I’m thinking Loren is gonna make that cut. Power to her!

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

1. Viola Davis
    2. Vanessa Kirby
    3. Frances McDormand
    4. Kate Winslet
    5. Sophia Loren
    6. Meryl/Andra (either could drop or rise)

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

If Day and Davis get nominated this will be only the 2nd time in Oscar herstory that two black women get nominated for Best Actress since 1972 with Sounder’s Cicely Tyson and Lady Sings the Blues’ Diana Ross. But what I think is even more interesting is how the two 1972 actresses are connected to the 2020 ones. Diana Ross and Andra Day are playing the same character and Cicely Tyson is Viola Davis biggest acting inspiration.

I think it would be nice if US vs. Billie Holliday and Ma Rainey’s got nominated for BP, and Diana and Cicely went to present the clips for the films together. Or maybe they could present Best Actress.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

If Day and Davis get nominated this will be only the 2nd time in Oscar herstory that two black women get nominated for Best Actress since 1972 with Sounder’s Cicely Tyson and Lady Sings the Blues’ Diana Ross. But what I think is even more interesting is how the two 1972 actresses are connected to the 2020 ones. Diana Ross and Andra Day are playing the same character and Cicely Tyson is Viola Davis biggest acting inspiration.

I think it would be nice if US vs. Billie Holliday and Ma Rainey’s got nominated for BP, and Diana and Cicely went to present the clips for the films together. Or maybe they could present Best Actress.

It still amazes me that there has never been two women of color in the Best Actress category at the same time since 1972. So heartbreaking!

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Honey, Winslet is not happening. At most a Golden Globe will be the last thing she will get. Blame Cannes cancelation. She could have won Cannes Best Actress with the film and Ammonite would have won Queer Palm easily then she would have got more buzz even more than Kirby.

I’m not sure about that. How many times an actress won the Cannes Best Actress and then got a nomination at the Oscar? Almost never..

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

It still amazes me that there has never been two women of color in the Best Actress category at the same time since 1972. So heartbreaking!

Actually, in 2004 two Latinas WoC were nominated for Best Actress: Hilary Swank and Catalina Sandino Moreno.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    zordon
    Topics:

I’m not sure about that. How many times an actress won the Cannes Best Actress and then got a nomination at the Oscar? Almost never..

Around 20 times total, apparently. But in the last decade it happened only for Rooney Mara, and in supporting.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Actually, in 2004 two Latinas WoC were nominated for Best Actress: Hilary Swank and Catalina Sandino Moreno.

Hillary Swank is not Latina.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think she’ll get nominated but are we underestimating Rashida Jones? She could very well show up at SAG.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

I think Rashida’s better chance would be at the globes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.