Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 552 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Dolores
    Topics:

Dua Lipa is a Grammy winner.

They don’t even know what they’re talking about this is so embarrassing, literally a 2X Grammy winner including the coveted bna.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Dua Lipa is a Grammy winner.

yes that’s the joke lmao, not a very good one looks like

rubbish

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Watch Meryl win a Grammy before Dua Lipa

Before Nicki! With that Wear the Crown rap! IMAGINE!

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Dolores
    Topics:

Before Nicki! With that Wear the Crown rap! IMAGINE!

We will not drag Nicki in this house.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I’ve heard she’s not very good in it. Her first and last nomination was like fourty years ago and her last performance was in 2006. But I do agree that she’s definitely a good candidate.

I even thought that this movie is a total joke for her being so close to EGOT (or triple crown) and so respected in the industry without having any Tony. I heard before that she firstly only wanted to do play in her career. However, after found by De Niro and doing lots of movie, her technique became much influenced by acting on screen.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I can’t picture two people from the same film winning the lead acting categories. The last time that even happened was in 1992, and that film also won BP. So it’s extremely unlikely to happen this year.

I’d chalk that up to coincidence. I don’t think anyone will be thinking, “well I voted for Boseman, so I won’t vote for Davis” and vice versa. If they have the performances, which it seems they do, then they could very well both win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d chalk that up to coincidence. I don’t think anyone will be thinking, “well I voted for Boseman, so I won’t vote for Davis” and vice versa. If they have the performances, which it seems they do, then they could very well both win.

This is true although if anyone thinks they will both win they should have Ma Rainey in one of directing or editing (I have it in both). As far as I’m aware no film has won two acting awards without a nomination in either and whilst it isn’t impossible for Ma Rainey to win two acting awards without a nomination in one of directing or editing it would be unprecedented.

Also I stan your new profile picture CateNicole.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t normally like to get involved in pointless squabbles like this but I will say the poster you’re referring to said that Viola “is coming” for that Oscar which is a standard hyperbolic turn of phrase that many people use, and it probably isn’t supposed to be interpreted as an absolute statement that someone is winning. That’s how I took it anyway.

Ah ok this makes more sense now. I’ll just treat things like that said by people as hyperbolic from now on 🙂

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

^Thanks 🙂 first time changing it. I figure this forum could use a little extra Michaela Coel love

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whomever you’re rooting for in the Actress and Actor races there’s no denying both are going to be the best they’ve ever been in years.

Especially Actress.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

This is true although if anyone thinks they will both win they should have Ma Rainey in one of directing or editing (I have it in both). As far as I’m aware no film has won two acting awards without a nomination in either and whilst it isn’t impossible for Ma Rainey to win two acting awards without a nomination in one of directing or editing it would be unprecedented. Also I stan your new profile picture CateNicole.

Stats are there to be broken; they aren’t the be-all and end-all. Voters aren’t dumb; they can differentiate between good acting and good editing/directing, so if it misses either one of the latter, that doesn’t mean it can’t win two lead acting Oscars. The more general meaning behind that stat is that a movie does need some sort of across-the-board support if it’s going to win two acting Oscars, which makes sense.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

she will win the Oscar because the stars are aligned for her”

I said she is coming for the Oscar, which means she is in the best position right now to win and is IMO the frontrunner. That doesn’t mean her position is locked up and no one can overtake her, which is what you are implying I said when I clearly did not.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Stats are there to be broken; they aren’t the be-all and end-all. Voters aren’t dumb; they can differentiate between good acting and good editing/directing, so if it misses either one of the latter, that doesn’t mean it can’t win two lead acting Oscars. The more general meaning behind that stat is that a movie does need some sort of across-the-board support if it’s going to win two acting Oscars, which makes sense.

Yep this is what I meant.

It should be getting into one of them though. I’d be surprised at it missing one of those two key nominations. I can’t be the only one who thinks this is a phenomenal BP contender can I?

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Also Three Billboard won two acting Oscars after being snubbed in directing. So I don’t think you need a directing nod per say, although I do have it in directing

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also Three Billboard won two acting Oscars after being snubbed in directing. So I don’t think you need a directing nod per say, although I do have it in directing

I said directing and/or editing. If I’m not mistaken some films have won two without editing but with directing Oscars.

I have it in both 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.