Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 432 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
leslieit
  • Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

1st Sunset Circle Awards

Best Actress:
    Morfydd Clark – Saint Maud
    Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Vanessa Kirby – Pieces of a Woman
    Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman
    Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy

http://sunsetcircle.com/

Don’t know what this is but I hope someone can start a thread of all the film critics circle awards. It’s my favorite thread to look at during this time of year!

Dear Gold Derby, please add Ibrahima Gueye to the prediction center 🙂

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

1st Sunset Circle Awards Best Actress: Morfydd Clark – Saint Maud Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Vanessa Kirby – Pieces of a Woman Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy http://sunsetcircle.com/

How the f*** Frances McDormand is not nominated but Nomaland is nominated everywhere??

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I mean what does term ‘Sunset’ even mean? Are these even real people? They nominated Joe Elle Pellman for The Prom, when I don’t think anybody has even seen it yet lmao.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

On a separate note I’m excited to see Mulligan up for her first nomination for Promising Young Woman and I’m glad Morfydd Clark’s jaw dropping performance wasn’t completely ignored!

Underestimate Carey at your peril…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

1st Sunset Circle Awards Best Actress: Morfydd Clark – Saint Maud Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Vanessa Kirby – Pieces of a Woman Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy http://sunsetcircle.com/

Haven’t watched HE yet but why is Glenn lead ??

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Yay for  Carey, Vanessa and Viola! Get it, girls!!

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I’ll have to wait until later today to watch HE, and then I can make my own judgments as to whether or not it deserves any nods or whether or not the negative reviews were warranted.

Get well soon Wolfali!

Profile picture
    TeaCopo
    Topics:

The Prom, 29th – screening and reactions

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Expected this to be the case. I’m not sure why the reviews went in to such a a degree. I haven’t read the book, so I can’t comment on the political aspect, but my feeling is this will be a totally serviceable if slightly lacking movie. Not a masterpiece, but not the total failure it’s been made out as. Thanks for this. I’ll be watching later, and I’m looking forward to it.

lol people are shocked now that the critics had a clear and obvious agenda? I’ve been bashing critics for this for years now. Thats why I say over and over they dont vote oscar. They are guideposts, not be all and end all. FeelsBad for those who took their word as gospel.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LOL you and your talk about her made me look into the trailer id be happy if she won the comedy globe i like the lighthearted but dark performance she’s giving from the trailer and intense but for the Oscar nom she’s gonna have to win the globe to get the nom but she would deserve it…but with winning no way still… but i actually wanna see the movie will it be on streaming?

Unless Meryl is coming for Oscar no.4 I’d be very surprised if Carey lost the Globe. She’s the closest thing to a lock in an acting category at any of the precursor ceremonies this year.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    VINCE
    Topics:

Unless Meryl is coming for Oscar no.4

She is.

MARIAH CAREY

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

She is.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Unless Meryl is coming for Oscar no.4 I’d be very surprised if Carey lost the Globe. She’s the closest thing to a lock in an acting category at any of the precursor ceremonies this year.

Meryl could win globe without winning oscar. She has more globes than oscar wins. Talk about blind stanning.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

lol people are shocked now that the critics had a clear and obvious agenda? I’ve been bashing critics for this for years now. Thats why I say over and over they dont vote oscar. They are guideposts, not be all and end all. FeelsBad for those who took their word as gospel.

You can keep on saying this, won’t change the fact that the movie is out now and everyone watching it can tell it’s garbage. “cRiTiCs hAd a cLeAr aNd oBviOuS aGenDa”- and what agenda was that?

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

The Life Ahead not being submitted does hurt Loren’s chances but I am not giving up just yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.