Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 432 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
leslieit
  • Profile picture
    Lady Bird Ronan
    Topics:

I’m fine for Le Streep getting a nod as long as she deserves it but damn not in the expense of Loren and Mulligan. I haven’t watched their films but I know for damn sure they delivered.

FYC

Picture: "Minari"
    Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
    Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
    Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
    Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"

"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird Ronan

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m fine for Le Streep getting a nod as long as she deserves it but damn not in the expense of Loren and Mulligan. I haven’t watched their films but I know for damn sure they delivered.

Haven’t seen Loren but if Streep doesn’t deserve her nod and somehow gets in over Mulligan then the Academy will be dealt with…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Loren’s performance is great, but she lacks a big Oscar Clip scene, is borderline supporting, is Netflix’s 3rd priority in this category, her movie is foreign language (I know she’s overcome that before, but still), not a contender anywhere else except MAYBE for song, and it’s not Italy’s submission so it won’t be a priority screener.

She might hit a precursor or two, but she’s missing with AMPAS. Not predicting it atm, but i would not put it past them to give her spot to Streep. 🙄

FYC: Riz Ahmed + Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    Sidney Flanigan (Never Rarely Sometimes Always)
    Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

THR has updated their predictions to add Meryl in their top 5 after seeing The Prom.

This is why I don’t think we should write off Meryl’s chances at the Globes just yet.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

You know what. I know they’re friends and have nothing but tremendous respect for each other but I’m here for a cute little revenge narrative hihi

A friendly revenge of course ❤️

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is why I don’t think we should write off Meryl’s chances at the Globes just yet.

I mean like I said theoretically I’d be shocked if Meryl was win competitive for The Prom at the Oscars (which she’d need to be to win the Globe).

Fhen again is this Feinberg who did this list. The same Feinberg who automatically put Zendaya at the bottom of his predictions at the Emmys?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Netflix might move Loren to supporting.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Strategically they should, but it’s pretty doubtful that she would accept such a plecement imo. Shame, because she would’ve been propably comfortably in 3rd if that happened and it wouldn’t even be a fraud.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

One person says Meryl will be nominated and people immediately take that to heart. Sorry but I’m waiting and seeing.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I still have faith that Loren can get in. It sucks that The Life Ahead was not selected for International Film but I understand why. The film does, however, have a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and it reached the Netflix Top 10 in 37 different countries. Netflix paid for that headline on Deadline. Plus, she is Sophia Loren.

There are only 24 reviews counted on Metacritic and I personally think Netflix had them slow down in submitting scores. That and them adding multiple Loren films at once on their roster makes me believe they will try hard to push her to lead actress.

If I remember correctly, Miramax had 3 BA nominees the year Nicole Kidman won. There can definitely be 3 or more Netflix nominated performances, especially with the year we are having.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I had a bit of a messed up sleep schedule so I decided to buy tickets to a film virtual preview screening and stay up and I think I have a found a performance rivalling Mulligan’s in my personal awards already…

Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

Most popular young actress, let’s not get carried away. It’s not the same.

Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

We will not be streaming a movie directed by Russo brothers.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

So I had a bit of a messed up sleep schedule so I decided to buy tickets to a film virtual preview screening and stay up and I think I have a found a performance rivalling Mulligan’s in my personal awards already…

who is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.