Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 432 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
leslieit
  • Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Pretty sure that was Kord. They’ve banned his ass on AW and now he came back to troll here.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Your more of a stan lol

That is exactly what people said to me when I predicted Renee Zellweger and Joaquin Phoenix to win. Especially when I predicted the latter to win from January 2019…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix’s no.1 priority isn’t Davis or Kirby! It’s Rachel McAdams for Eurovision lol!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With regards to the spoiler (I eventually realised what film it was from lol because it took me a while to register that it was a “spoiler” for people) I will say to people that wasn’t really so much of a spoiler so don’t worry guys.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Pretty sure that was Kord. They’ve banned his ass on AW and now he came back to troll here.

It’s amazing how he keeps trying to be a thing. But, yeah mental illness is a real problem.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

AAFCA – Davis Austin – Davis Boston – McDormand Chicago Film Critics Association – Mulligan (RU: McDormand) LA – Davis London Film Critics Circle – Kirby New York – Mulligan Globe (Musical or Comedy) – Mulligan Globe (Drama) – Kirby CC – Mulligan BAFTA – Kirby SAG – Davis Spirit – Mulligan Oscar – Kirby Total Wins: Mulligan – 5 Davis – 4 Kirby – 4 McDormand – 1

This sounds about right. SAG have always been obsessed with Davis so I expect she will win another one there.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Amy and Glenn have given up campaigning and have decided to just be sassy against the critics lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIEABGujOWD/

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m not Kord but I’m flattered you have thought that. Kord is an absolute star. The way GD, AW and Cave do not deserve him.

And Kord used to be my friend that year

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

So people on here have been saying for months about how Pieces of a Woman is a film nobody will want to watch. Well: – The Midnight Sky trailer – 1.4 million views (in 4 weeks) – The Prom teaser – 1.2 million views (in a month) – The White Tiger trailer – 1.19 million views (in just under a month) – Pieces of a Woman trailer – 1.06 million views (in a week) – Mank trailer – 633k views (in a month) – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom trailer – 564k views (in a month)

Mank’s views are surprising. I haven’t seen Mank, nor the other BP contenders, but I really hope it doesn’t win BP. It seems like another boring, stylized, high production value movie about boring people. I think Parasite set a precedent that major Hollywood studio movies don’t need to win–being against OUaTiH and 1917.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Wolfali, I’m going to say this right now, and you can hold me to this: if Vanessa Kirby wins Best Actress, I owe you 100 written apologies for ever doubting her.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    That’s……. powerful as hell.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

So people on here have been saying for months about how Pieces of a Woman is a film nobody will want to watch. Well: – The Midnight Sky trailer – 1.4 million views (in 4 weeks) – The Prom teaser – 1.2 million views (in a month) – The White Tiger trailer – 1.19 million views (in just under a month) – Pieces of a Woman trailer – 1.06 million views (in a week) – Mank trailer – 633k views (in a month) – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom trailer – 564k views (in a month)

This is actually super interesting. For having been deemed “inaccessible” by many, I wonder why PoaW is getting a good amount of interest? I have been seeing a weirdly large amount of press coverage for it on my tl.

My guess is GD is just generally bad at gauging what the movie-watching public at large is aware of, and I think Kirby’s performance has had enough buzz and acclaim to get quite a lot of people to sit up and notice both her and the movie.

These melancholic, intimate, impactful kinds of movies fall well within the bounds of the average person’s idea of what the Oscars will like.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wolfali, I’m going to say this right now, and you can hold me to this: if Vanessa Kirby wins Best Actress, I owe you 100 written apologies for ever doubting her.

Aww that’s sweet.

At least you’re not being hypocritical about it with the scenario you’re posing. Sometimes when people rule things out on here and are proven wrong they pretend that they predicted it all along and start to rewrite history (see what people are already saying about how they apparently didn’t “doubt Zellweger and Phoenix”).

On a separate note I think it’s either Chadwick and Kirby who win or Hopkins and Davis. I can’t see both Chadwick and Davis winning for a film that (whilst I am predicting it in both) is vulnerable in directing end editing and I can’t see how both lead winners are white people.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.