Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 432 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
leslieit
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The irony that this is coming from the person who keeps complaining about people ruling out Winslet.

I have like 10 posts about Winslet probably. You keep on repeating the same stuff with literally the same words. We got it the first time.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If Davis had won the Volpi Cup y’all would be saying “the race is over!!!” or some other such nonsense. Instead y’all are trying to come up with every reason under the sun of why “Kirby can’t win”.

Exactly. To them Viola Davis stans, she was a lock even before the trailer dropped. See how they’re coming up with every possible logic to discredit Venessa Kirby

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

This is why I am saying watch out for Mulligan. She could easily end up being this year’s Colman if people end up LOVING her performance.

To think that Mulligan’s biggest artistic strength (unusual and complex role) is being singled out as her biggest disadvantage is a reflection of how fucked up things are.

So infuriating when we think that AMPAS and every major precursor awarded paper-thin roles for Bullock and Stone. But who cares, right? their movies made money.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Exactly. To them Viola Davis stans, she was a lock even before the trailer dropped. See how they’re coming up with every possible logic to discredit Venessa Kirby

Watch how if Kirby wins they’ll deny claims they were ruling her out and that they thought it was delusional to predict her.

No one is a lock for an acting win. In any category.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I do think Glenn Close is still in the race even with that terrible 40/100, she has the narrative + the weak category, but Adams does not has the same narrative Close has even tho she has 6 losses and she is in such a crowded category. I really, really think Adams is over. Maybe a 5% chance at best?

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead (CC, GG, BAFTA)
    Frances McDormand, Nomadland (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Zendaya, Malcolm and Marie (CC, GG, SAG)

Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (CC, GG*, BAFTA)
    Michelle Pfeiffer, French Exit (GG*)
    Meryl Streep, The Prom (GG*, SAG)
    Kate Winslet, Ammonite (BAFTA)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Kirby and Mulligan win the Globes in both actress categories and Mulligan becomes win competitive it will be interesting to see which one wins BAFTA because a Globe + BAFTA win seals the deal in my opinion.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Watch how if Kirby wins they’ll deny claims they were ruling her out and that they thought it was delusional to predict her.

No one is a lock for an acting win. In any category.

Lol weren’t you the one saying that Kirby is a lock to win BAFTA?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol weren’t you the one saying that Kirby is a lock to win BAFTA?

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. I’m simply saying generally that no one is a lock at this stage (including rebuking my previous comments).

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Holy shit this thread is gonna be a long nightmare lol especially with no ceremony until April. Also if nobody is gonna sweep this thread will become people constantly arguing who should win with no clear frontrunner.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Holy shit this thread is gonna be a long nightmare lol especially with no ceremony until April. Also if nobody is gonna sweep this thread will become people constantly arguing who should win with no clear frontrunner.

Welcome to Gold Derby in 2020.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I mean this is a fun of it lol.

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I had no idea what the Volpi Cup even was before this year.

Ey! Look! This thread is also educational! Fantastic! Welcome, little one, to the higher power of cinematic knowledge. It is windy up here 🙂 You are gonna love it!

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

I had no idea what the Volpi Cup even was before this year.

Masterful self own.

Justice for Rhea Seehorn

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Very tempted to slot Winslet back in. If Focus Features can get Mulligan in then Neon can get Winslet in (although Mulligan does have a better chance at not only winning but also has a buzzier and better reviewed film).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.